old lady hit my car...i get a check for $1,000

ryan218

In just 10 years, I'll be old enough to drive!!!!
Dec 28, 2005
columbus ohio
oh yeah...i just added on to my budget... a old lady backed out and hit the SC...pushed in the drivers side fender...took it to a body shop and got a number off...$1,022........and that's more then i payed for the car to begin with

popped the fender back out and it looks just like it did before.... aint America great

Is it just me or do Ryan's threads/posts remind anyone else of the game of "LIFE"???

I mean... Spin the wheel and see what comes up during the next turn!~

At least that's one reassuring fact about the T-Bird I'm using for my DD, now; I only paid $950 for it and have maybe $300 in it, but the book value on it is somewhere closer to $2000 or better. I'm kinda hoping some old fart with good insurance will back up into my front-end with their RV or something so I can replace my already jacked-up front bumper fascia, header panel, and hood.

yeah and to think...all this was...was a front fender...thats it... and the molding...total of $1,022.97

Damage estimates seem to be better when you take 'em to a dealership ... because we all know how much they like to charge for every little thing.

The last time I got a fender smooshed in by a retard (big delivery truck sliding downhill on ice in KC), it was on a '91 TransAm. Just a fender and the edge of the front bumper fascia, and the estimate was about $2,600 when I took it to a Pontiac dealer. Oh well ... deliver company paid that fatty check for the repairs, and I got all of my rock chips fixed in the process. (Sold the car a month later and got a '94 Crown Vic Interceptor. )