Old & new bullits (pics included)

Old engine & new bullit that replaced it!! (pics included)

About three weeks ago I had a Mod Max valve spring break on my newly ported head. Here is a couple of pics of the damage it caused.

bf05effc.jpg

f22cb389.jpg

e874f7f7.jpg

It is still hard for me to believe so much damage could come from such a small part, but oh well!!

Here is a few pics of what I replaced it with!!!

b702e8fb.jpg

b09f8ec3.jpg

DSC03729.jpg

It is a balanced & blueprinted Sean Hyland built longblock with:

Manley rods & pistons .020 over (8.5 -1 compression for future blower)
heat treated Cobra steel crank
High volume oil pump
ARP bolts throughout
P&P P.I. heads
Comp Cams 270 cams & their beehive valve springs

I also have the following parts installed on the car:

MMR plenum
FRPP 70 MM throttle body
Mac cold air kit
Mach 1 mass air & 24 Lb injectors
BBK underdrive pullies
Flowtech long-tube headers
2 1/2" exhaust with x-pipe & Magnaflow converters & super turbo mufflers
NX dual stage kit (150 + 100)
SVT Focus fuel pump
SCT Excalibrator 2 tuned
McCleod clutch
Steeda triax shifter
3:73 gears

We got it fired up Saturday night and all I can say is "this sucker is smooth!!" It has power everywhere with no flat spots.

I can't waite to spray it with a 250 shot and see what she'll do!! I still think 10.90's are in the realm of possibility!! On September 10th I will find out!! :D
Later friends,

Perry

Attachments

• bf05effc.jpg
    bf05effc.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 81
  • f22cb389.jpg
    f22cb389.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 77
  • e874f7f7.jpg
    e874f7f7.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 75
  • b702e8fb.jpg
    b702e8fb.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 70
  • b09f8ec3.jpg
    b09f8ec3.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03729.jpg
    DSC03729.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is a few pics of my car that the engine is in!!!

redone4.bmp

redone1.bmp

redone3.bmp

Before anyone says anything about the car being parked in the handicapped parking spot, I did it on purpose! I took these pics at my shop where I work. My best friend, (an LS1 fiend) always told me my car was handicapped verses his Camaro so??

Funny thing is he won't race me anymore!! Wonder why!!LOL

Later friends,

Perry

jporsak said:
Here is a few pics of my car that the engine is in!!!

redone4.bmp

redone1.bmp

redone3.bmp

Before anyone says anything about the car being parked in the handicapped parking spot, I did it on purpose! I took these pics at my shop where I work. My best friend, (an LS1 fiend) always told me my car was handicapped verses his Camaro so??

Funny thing is he won't race me anymore!! Wonder why!!LOL

Later friends,

Perry

car looks great, now i know what mine will look like with that hood on it :banana:

droptopponynj said:
how long did those modmax springs take to brake. I almost bought a set of heads with them, but have read horror story after horror story of those braking. I went with the comps.

Less than 500 miles!! Funny thing was it broke with my wife driving it at 70 MPH with the cruise on, not while i was driving the piss out of it!!

Later friend,

Perry

squares98 said:
I take it you plan on running that car "off-road" only, seeing as the smog pros will fail you before pulling in the lot.

Nope, I have 2 years before i have to smog it and I plan on being back in Texas by then.

If I don't move, my mechanic who happens to also do smog certifications seems to think it will pass the sniffer with a good tune.

if not I'll just swap in some stock cams and smog it. Nobody is hardcore on the visual around here and with the stock cams I'll bet it will smog clean as a whistle.

I have the Magnaflow OBD2 cats on it now!!! The shop that installed them said they are actually cleaner than the stockers, so??

I always thought it was stupid for the state to say what parts you can put on your car!! If it blows clean what should it matter if it is modded or not?

later friends,

Perry

I hope that you already have a fuel system in mind.

That Focus pump will reach it's limit real quick, I wouldn't put more than a 125 on it seeing as how you will be making 300rwhp N/A.

Set up looks real nice though.. :flag: