Old School Speed Tricks?? Porting stock 5.0 intake?

• Sponsors (?)

Say i want to port my intake and heads myself. What tools should i use? Just dawned on me. I have a air pencil grinder deburr tool and carbide bits i think would work good. But what else? Thanks.

So basically, just open the lower as much as possible through the whole runner. Same with upper i assume? I dont even wanna know how much material is there. Going to take forever. Sounds kinda cool/fun though.

No, it isn’t about opening everything up as it is about straightening the airflow and maintaining velocity. Port matching is part of the equation.

Read tmoss site as he has some tips of porting the lower intake.

Cool. Preciate the input. Will do.
There are some minor porting jobs that most mechanically inclined car guys can do. BUT.....porting is an art form. Blending radiuses, leaving more material here and there, and knowing how to get the best airflow/tumble/no idea what I'm saying but all that porting crap. Takes time and probably quite a few trashed expensive parts to learn and be good at it. I'm all for learning and tinkering. Just giving some minor info to think about. Remember you can't easily add the material back once you trash the part. :jester: