old school wheels

I don't know what to call them, being new to cars I thought they were just a Ford wheel, but I've seem them on Fords, Chevy's, Mercury's, and I think they look sick. Has anyone put them on a Fox? or could someone photoshop me one that has them? They are the black wheels with slim silver spokes...

a friend's boss 302
boss-302.jpg

and my fox
fox-302.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i think those are magnum 500 rally wheels. they are 5 lug and wont fit on ur car unless you convert to five lug. Also I'm not sure what the offset differences are or if they will have backspacing issues. and IMHO wouldnt look very good on a fox.

The 03/04 Mach I wheel was designed as a modern rendition of the Magnum 500 and is the proper backspacing for a 5-lug conversion, as well as being available in something other than 15".
2003mach1_wheel.jpg

man, thanks for showing me those! that's what i'm going to do along with a 5-lug conversion.

since i'm new to all this, what wheels should i get for those wheels? it's 17x8.

and is the rear discs a good idea? steeda has a kit that keeps the rear drums for $470, but they have a kit to convert to discs for $510. price wise i'd go with the disc kit for $510, but since i'd like to do this myself, would it be too much for the novice mechanic?

Maryland Stang said:
5.0 Resto has the kit for $399. Can you do it yourself? Only if you feel comfortable working on the rearend.

http://secure.50resto.com/product1.cfm?SID=1&Product_ID=2514&Category_ID=1190

thanks for the link. and i wont be doing it completely alone, a buddy of mine restores cars and said he'd help me with it. i'd rather do it this way and learn than pay someone to do it for me. my buddy has a lift so i'll be able to move around with everything. i just don't know about doing the disc conversion :/

once 5/16 6 point bolt and a pair of needle nose pliers will remove the axles....just remove the 5/16 bolt holding the big pin in your diff, then push in on the axles and remove the c-clips from both sides and then just pull the axles out. goes back in with reverse order!

good luck
Jack

They are Magnum 500s, and a similar style was used by Ford, GM, and Mopar.

I had them on a Dodge Charger.

They are available repro from a number of places.

There are some similar Mustang rims, generally similar to ralley wheels , with a slightly different spoke stamping.