Open Tracker And Doorman Uca Received With A Bad Ball Joint

Braden65

Jan 14, 2014
I ordered two upper control arms from Doorman. One ball joint I could move with my pinky finger so I sent them back. With the recommendations I have seen everywhere online I went with Opentracker. Being tight on cash I emailed OT and asked if he had any blemished or ugly UCA for a 65. In luck, he had two slightly used ~250 miles on them standard all black UCA. The previous owner wanted to upgrade to roller uppers. He gave me a reasonable deal on them so I took them. Everything seemed good except one ball joint that I can again move with my pinky and they seem well greased. Am I just unlucky or is this common? I emailed John back and he gave me the options of sending them back and returning my money or if i pay shipping he will send me two free ball joints that they pull out of their Scott Drake upper arms when they turn them into their track roller upper arms. I was under the impression from reading in other forums that Open Tracker used Moog ball joints? I have no problem swapping the new Scott Drake ball joint he sends me, but if the used UCA I received only have 250 or hell 5,000 miles on it, I don't want to have to swap ball joints every oil change. John has been extremely helpful, but i'm looking for the recommendations on what I should do.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)