35th Anniv Opinion on selling my baby

99LEGT

Dec 8, 2003
Philadelphia
I currently own the extemely rare 35th anniversary and I absoulty love my car as do the other owners of this vechicle but the closer we get to Fall 04 I'm itching to order the 05 once available. The 05 will be my 5th stang but I've never had a better car than the 35th I'm currently driving. If I had the money I would keep both but thats no possible. My question is does anybody else have this problem with allready thinking about not making a wrong decision with parting with a car they like but want this new 05?
I would of posted this in the 05 section but I wanted to see some responces from some Limited owners, our site doesnt see much activity so I thought I'd drop a thread here!

• Sponsors (?)

I also will probably be wanting the newer body style also, but I won't sell the 35th to do it. I have had it since new and I've got plans to keep it for a long while. I don't see myself buying a '05 after their release, becasue I have a '66 fastback to restore and before I do that a shop must be built. Maybe by say '08 or '09 I will buy one.
:shrug:
-Jason

unfortunatley, Ford dropped the price on the current Mustangs. that is bad for people who want to trade in their Mustang. you will lose horribley on what you are going to get for your stang. my advice: keep your car and buy a new stang a few years down the road.

Okay. Here's what you want to do. The car that you currently own is a really RARE car. If you trade it in, Ford is gonna give you very little because the new 05 Mustang is going to be in BIG demand. Plus, the trade-in value of the current Mustangs have gone down.

If I were you, I would wait for 1 to 2 years AFTER the new body style 05 goes on sale. Then what I would do is I would look around to buy the NEW 06 or 07 Mustang in 2005 or 2006 and I would look around to get a good deal on it with either trading in the 35th Anniversary GT or just by selling it to a private buyer. Just have some patience. It would be a whole lot better to WAIT until Ford starts giving SPECIAL REBATES and GOOD DEALS on the 2006/2007 Mustang because you will be able to buy it cheaper then than you would if you bought it when it comes out in 2004. Plus you will have a better chance of getting a better deal on your existing 35th Anniversary GT than you would if you were to trade it in in 2004.

I hope that this will help you out.

DOOOOOONT DO IT MAN!!!
YOU WILL REGRET IT. plus, you shouldn't buy the first year of a new body style anyways. especially since it is a TOTALLY new car. there may be bugs early on that need to be worked out. Most of the 05 is brand new and has never been used in previous models. wait until 2006 or 7 before you get one. who knows, by then you may be able to afford both.

I was gonna do the same thing but have decided to wait for the Cobras. I love my car but don't think it is something I'd want forever. If I don't drive it everyday, I don't see much of a point in ownig a "garage queen."

I was thinking the same thing I have a 03 gt vert that i love... I wanted a mach 1 too bad it doesnt come in a vert... Now all I can think about is 04 cobra verts.... I see them all over the place . I heard ford was supposed to only make 6500 cobras... I read somewhere they made 13,500 so much for collector status... What to do what to do...

I say keep it, it's a rare car. The only way I would get rid of it is for the supposed 06 and up cobra, if the price isn't insane. If the price does hit mid to upper 40's you could probably start looking for a decently used Viper at that point.

this might be a really stupid question

i have a 99 black GT and it has this badge on the side that says 35th anniversary with the three stripes and pony on it is mine a rare mustang also or and is it a limited edition just wondering?

BackINblack99GT said:
i have a 99 black GT and it has this badge on the side that says 35th anniversary with the three stripes and pony on it is mine a rare mustang also or and is it a limited edition just wondering?

See www.mustang35th.com for the 1999 "Limited Edition" GT. Go to the "facts" page and see the option that made it "Limited".
-Jason