Opinions on building up a N/A motor

Szlachcic

Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I originally had plans on buying a turbo kit for my mustang this summer but for some reason I just keep thinking about blowing my engine or something else terrible. So I think I want to buy a rotating assembly in order to put some better internals in my engine. I was also figuring that since I would have the engine in pieces maybe I should get p&p heads and cams. I would feel much better with the forged internals and maybe later down the road I can install a turbo kit without worrying as much.

I was just wondering if people could share their thoughts and maybe some tips to help me build up my engine. I was looking over Livernois Motorsport's site (http://www.livernoismotorsports.com) since I have heard good things about them (I also checked out Sean Hyland Motorsports, but I have not heard good things about them). They offer two types of rotating assemblies, one of which offers a custom stroker assembly and they also offer p&p heads. Does anyone know who is supposed to have good cams? Is there anything else I should do/install when going this route?

• Sponsors (?)