Opinions on fuel pressure regulators

rio95

Nov 18, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
I have pretty much made up my mind by going with a Kirban with a guage. This is one of the best ones out there isn't it. Also, what use would a FPR be without a guage. I thought they all had guages, but now I know they don't.

Just to check, this will work with a street heat fox set-up correct? The only thing that really matters is the fuel rails right?

Is this the best deal?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=7975484861&category=33553&sspagename=WDVW

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say that a good deal...gage and the fittings with it....
I run the 93 Cobra with a Kirban and plenty of clearance...I wouldn't think it would be and issue...Never really hear of a complaint with Kirban..
Plenty of real estate....if your running stock fuel rails your ok...

FWIW....check this link...make sure you get the correct one...2 different P/Ns between ours and the Fox...pics look the same but dif P/Ns...??
http://www.proficientperformance.com/kirban_fuel-system.php

purge_solenoid._2_vac_line_fox_linkage.jpg

I am opposed to running a full time gauge under the hood. I have a hand held gauge I hook when I am testing the FP, when I'm done I remove it. I have heard of too many bad situations where the rail mounted gauge either leaked or broke and had the potential to start an engine fire.

Edit: I have run a Kirban on my car since '98 without any problems. The 94-95 and fox differ in the number of "fittings" for lack of a better term are under the gauge that go into the rail. They are NOT interchangable.

RIO5.0 said:
I'd say that a good deal...gage and the fittings with it....
I run the 93 Cobra with a Kirban and plenty of clearance...I wouldn't think it would be and issue...Never really hear of a complaint with Kirban..
Plenty of real estate....if your running stock fuel rails your ok...

Off topic sorry...

Rio, you're running a Fox Cobra upper/lower intake on a sn95? It doesn't look like you're running an intake elbow or anything. What mods did you have to do to make this work?

I am also not a fan of having a gauge full time (though SO many folks do with no issues). I have enough things break w/o having one more thing there to break. :)

the Kirbans are very nice and rebuildable, IIRC. i do like Paul and toss my diagnostic FP gauge on when i need to check pressure.

good luck.

MrClean302 said:
Off topic sorry...

Rio, you're running a Fox Cobra upper/lower intake on a sn95? It doesn't look like you're running an intake elbow or anything. What mods did you have to do to make this work?

Check the sticky thread at the top of this forum on the fox TB swap. Its a pretty common thing to do now a days.