Opinions On This Foxbody?

• Sponsors (?)

The car looks ok, and already has a 5 lug conversion. Make sure there is no rust anywhere. Convertibles can get rusty if the tops leak and even if they don't all foxbodies have rust areas to check. Check the cowl area, frame rails, floors and the area where the doors bolt on for rust. Convertibles are not the most desirable as they rattle and are generally loose but if you like convertibles it's a personal choice. I have a convertible and love it. I would also like to see the interior and engine bay before I would be able to be accurate on a price range. If he interior is good and engine bay is clean I would think the car would be a good deal if it was in the 5k range. 8k seems a little high to me personally. Let us know how it goes.

Chris

The car looks ok, and already has a 5 lug conversion. Make sure there is no rust anywhere. Convertibles can get rusty if the tops leak and even if they don't all foxbodies have rust areas to check. Check the cowl area, frame rails, floors and the area where the doors bolt on for rust. Convertibles are not the most desirable as they rattle and are generally loose but if you like convertibles it's a personal choice. I have a convertible and love it. I would also like to see the interior and engine bay before I would be able to be accurate on a price range. If he interior is good and engine bay is clean I would think the car would be a good deal if it was in the 5k range. 8k seems a little high to me personally. Let us know how it goes.

Chris

I was specifically looking for a convertible. I have been getting the itch for another car which I have 4 hardtop cars including my dd. So while Ive been tempted by hardtops I tend to think I would be dumb to not get a t top or convertible. I've wanted one or the other and would probably then have 5 cars and still want a vert if I got a hardtop. Which admittedly Im getting to the point where managing my fleet is becoming a chore. Ive had t top car but never a convertible and I think the full blown convertible makes more sense.

I want a safe car and to get what Im paying for but this probably will be more of a driver car for me with some exposure to rain so my criteria isnt necessarily a garage queen. I do live in a climate where our cars dont tend to rust much as snow/salt is very rare.

I was kicking around offering him 6k as its been for sale for a little while so with your input I might go even lower. Ill try to get more pics I can share. I hate when people post like 3 pics with 2 being basically a duplicate lol.

Thanks

I like it, $8K seems a bit high. Doesn't list miles (which matters to me personally).

Also, those aren't 03 cobra wheels. They are 03/04 GT premium brite wheels (same as I have) and that's not a cobra disk brake conversion. 99-04 GT/V6 front brakes and it looks like rear drums (can't see very well).

$5-6K sounds about right to me unless the miles are very high. Convertible automatics just aren't in that much demand with the fox community, although I wouldn't mind one right now as I already have a 5-spd hardtop and wouldn't mind a cruiser. Probably why it's been sitting so long.

Not many pics, mis-information about wheels and brakes but it is a good looking vert
Check for rust in the usual places and use the lies, er, mis-information as a negotiation point. 5-6k if rust free, low miles, nice interior

Car looks nice but the add has wrong information. The wheels are actually 99 cobra wheels, the rear looks to be drum brakes not disc, front disc brakes look to be v6/gt so I would have to assume the owner is an idiot or doesn't really know what's done to the car. So with that I would have to see some receipts and visually inspect the car and see what is what. Check for rust like previously mentioned but at least it has subframes already so it won't be as loose and sloppy as it was from the factory.

Also, get it up to temp let it idle for a while as you bs and make sure it doesn't over heat and with it warmed up make sure it shifts thru the gears right

Reactions: 1 user
The guys covered almost everything I was gonna say. Lots of misinformation, this could be the guy just not knowing though. I’d want to see a lot more of it and get a car fax ( free on eBay). 4-5k car is my guess, not a huge market for verts

Drive it, check the fluids, get a feel for how it was maintained. I would be asking myself why it has a new radiator, fan and pulleys. Was it over heated previously? Most of the mods done are cheap, so there isnt much value added, outside of the paint job. Again, gotta see that up close to know its gonna last or be flaking in a year, though. My gut says its a $5k car, and that is if its rust free.

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-gt-mustang-look-fordodge/6437762109.html

Im more of a GM guy so was looking for opinions on mods or any red flags. I probably wouldnt pay asking price and havent looked it over yet but wanted opinions from more knowledgable folks. Thanks.
I had mine in the Ford place in Daytona yesterday and a car salesman said, "Give me that car. I will move that yellow thing on the front road, sell yours in 24 hours and get you anywhere from 10 to 11 grand!! "

That being said, Haggerty is insuring mine right now for $5 grand. ANPAC chrome had mine at 6,500 last year... There is a lot of wiggle room in these things. How bad do you want it I think is the key to a price...

Old pictures?

If everything listed was what I wanted, I'd pursue it only in the hope that the pics in the ad were old. If it checked out, I'd still be very careful to ensure that the car is still in the shape portrayed.