Options

Rudyq59

Dec 22, 2005
NJ
I love the Stang. I have owned a 69, 68,69Boss. Now I would like an 07. I guess modern times have spoiled me, and this may seem like a dumb question,but here goes. Although I love the new model there are a few things I am not sure about.
The location of the seatbelt is rather odd since you have to reach way nehind you to put it on. Is this sowemthing that becomes anoying with everyday use, or are you guys used to it? Second, I cannot find any Mustangs locally that have a trunk release option. The dealer says they are not available. Is this fact? Not even with a remote keyless entry?
These might seem mundane issue, but like I said I've been spoiled. For everyday use the car has to be not only fun, but semi-practical as well.

• Sponsors (?)

The location of the seatbelt is rather odd since you have to reach way nehind you to put it on. Is this sowemthing that becomes anoying with everyday use, or are you guys used to it?

frankly FORD blew it on this one .....

I've adapted a BMW seatbelt holder to mine and I'm very pleased with the results

BMW52300302425_A.jpg

its a little bit of work but well worth the trouble​

When I first bought my 07 GT, the seat belt annoyed me for the first hour total of driving the car. After that, I hardly realize now that I have to reach back for it. Granted, I'm pretty short (I'm 5'6" on a good day), yet I can reach the belt with no issues, and now I don't even think about it.

Secondly, the trunk release, as far as I know, is only available on the remote key fob. Annoying to some, but I love it. No issues here.

Finally, you are spoiled.... the old cars were built so much better than they are today. A friend of mine has a 70 Nova SS that was built to last from the factory. I personally own a 1940 Packard, which it still running with factory internals and clutch, despite having over 350,000 miles on it. They just don't build them like they used to.... About 10 years ago, a few high end manufacturers were advertising how revolutionary their hearted seats were.... My 1940 Packard has heated seats, but was built 70 years ago!

When I first bought my 07 GT, the seat belt annoyed me for the first hour total of driving the car. After that, I hardly realize now that I have to reach back for it. Granted, I'm pretty short (I'm 5'6" on a good day), yet I can reach the belt with no issues, and now I don't even think about it.

Secondly, the trunk release, as far as I know, is only available on the remote key fob. Annoying to some, but I love it. No issues here.

Finally, you are spoiled.... the old cars were built so much better than they are today. A friend of mine has a 70 Nova SS that was built to last from the factory. I personally own a 1940 Packard, which it still running with factory internals and clutch, despite having over 350,000 miles on it. They just don't build them like they used to.... About 10 years ago, a few high end manufacturers were advertising how revolutionary their hearted seats were.... My 1940 Packard has heated seats, but was built 70 years ago!

Pah! Ford are working on top technical stuff like heated washer fluid!:rolleyes:

on the side of the seat there is a black strap, un do it from the seat, pull the belt and fasten the black strap around it and then you'll never reach for it again, no need to custom make anything it works perfect.

Here is a pic of my car, you can see the strap just behind the handle on the side of the seat.

p1010059en0.jpg

Attachments

• p1010059en0.jpg
    p1010059en0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 48