Ordered New 2016 Mustang Gt Premium From Factory

MustangDylan

Feb 12, 2016
Hi Guys, so I ordered a mustang, back in late December, the car entered processing step on January 4th, 2016. All was good, and was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive. Yesterday my sales person e-mails me and tells me, that it's finally been scheduled to be built. It won't be built till the week of March 21st. What the heck? From January 4th to March 21st to just have the car built (11 weeks)? Is that common? Is there a reason why it's so much beyond what they estimated?

I'm thinking it now won't be ready for 15 to 16 weeks from the date I ordered it. Unacceptable! I'm not a patient person to begin with, and now they want me to wait almost twice as long as the highest estimate they originally provided?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm thinking I will just find a car that's close to what I was wanting and buy that instead. Will I be able to get my $500 deductible back that I paid for the car to place the original order?

Thanks for the help guys, I can't wait to be a Mustang owner!

• Sponsors (?)

Whether it's a Mustang or an F150, I've never seen anyone on a forum that ordered a vehicle from Ford get it on time.

That said, the GT350 ordered by a customer at the dealership I work at showed up a day earlier than expected.

Reactions: 1 user
That seems normal to me. I had ordered my 2012 and it took 3 or 4 months from order to delivery if I remember correctly. If you ordered a car, I'm assuming you didn't find one with the options you want nearby. So why not wait to get the one you want?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I ordered mine early January of 2015, i think they started mass production in November 2014. I got mine at the end of February I believe, think it was 7 weeks total. Not too bad I guess, for all the way down here in Florida. They didn't even know when to expect it either, said 6-8 weeks, the day it showed up was the day they heard any updates about it's arrival, haha.

Hi, I've ordered my past 3 GT's, 1998, 2001, 2004 ( which I am still driving !! ), all 3 took about 8 - 10 weeks total from dealer order date to delivery. Once it enters production cycle, it then takes about 8 weeks. The dealer has NO control over this , production factory & parts suppliers only control.
Take a breath & WAIT for your EXACT ride to be delivered, just the way you wanted it to be. Do not settle for a Mustang "almost" or "close to" , just because they are avaliable now. Wait for what you want, THAT'S WHY YOU ORDERED IT !!! It will be worth it when she arrives, & will forget the extra couple of weeks.
I've ordered mine in mid FEB ( about like now ) , & taken delivery in late APR / early MAY, perfect for Spring !!!

I also ordered a 2016 gt premium yesterday.my salesman is saying 6 to 8 weeks.we will see.when i ordered my 06 it took almost a year.a lot of the wait is how many allocations the dealer has for mustangs.a large dealer gets to sell more cars.

Hi Guys, so I ordered a mustang, back in late December, the car entered processing step on January 4th, 2016. All was good, and was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks to arrive. Yesterday my sales person e-mails me and tells me, that it's finally been scheduled to be built. It won't be built till the week of March 21st. What the heck? From January 4th to March 21st to just have the car built (11 weeks)? Is that common? Is there a reason why it's so much beyond what they estimated?

I'm thinking it now won't be ready for 15 to 16 weeks from the date I ordered it. Unacceptable! I'm not a patient person to begin with, and now they want me to wait almost twice as long as the highest estimate they originally provided?

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm thinking I will just find a car that's close to what I was wanting and buy that instead. Will I be able to get my $500 deductible back that I paid for the car to place the original order?

Thanks for the help guys, I can't wait to be a Mustang owner!
Ordered mine Jan 2nd just got it March 22,just under 8 weeks,gt premium black accent package,be patient it's worth the wait,you don't want a lot 1 most likely it gets beat on a bit.sounds like dealer dropped the ball there.get the vin# from him and track it once you get the window sticker,there will be an 8 or9 digit # at top left corner that coresponds to build date.