Original Flowmaster 40 Series

that is an awesome car man, i love the blower sound!!.. but as for the flowmaster mufflers, i've got them on my car along with the off-road prochamber and it sounds mean (well, that's what everyone tells me..). everyone who hears my car and talks to me tells me it's the best sounding mustang around the area, but i'm not sure if there are many other mustangs w/aftermarket midpipes.. but anyways, it sounds great and i wouldnt change it for anything, maybe some bigger pipes and tips later but that's it

• Sponsors (?)

0LASERGT1 said:
I have them welded in and absolutely hate them...

In my opinon, they are not much louder than stock at IDLE. They are not overly loud inside the car at all, you can have the radio on 2 bars and still easily here it, even at 2-3k rpms.

some people swear by them, but until I get a midpipe(X) I am very disappointed in them.
Get an H pipe if you want it LOUD!

xruiz said:
Anybody here have the delta flow mufflers in their car? I'd like to know if people are pleased with them or not. Thanks

I personally like the Deltas better, but with bias, of course. They are quieter on the inside and I have yet to hear them on the outside.

I used to have an 83 GT 5.0 with a MAC o/r H pipe and Flowmaster 40 series (originals). It droned in almost the entire RPM spectrum up to the top. I got tired of it when I entered college, started partying, and drove to work with killer hangovers and the drone split my skull! :)

From that time, I knew if I got Flows again, I would avoid the "loudest" kind, but now I'm craving that sound on my 4.6. Ahh, the pushrod days....

If I could go back, I would have gotten the one chamber 10 series for my 04 GT, as I have no plans to ditch the stock mid-pipe. Emissions legislation is pending in my state, so I'm going to wait on that one.

I have the 40's welded into stock catback with bbk l/t's and catted x mid. when it was just the 40's, it was a fairly docil tone, but had a nice grunt to it when I romped on it. Nothing to frightening. Even the "drone" everyone associates with them was not that noticable. Once the rest of the exhaust got installed it perked up quite a bit. Its not obnoxiously loud, but has a nice aggressive tone and rumble to it. I really like it, but in all honesty its just not loud enough in my eyes... er ears :D.

Ive always been a big fan of the overly loud stangs lol. Not the raspy hissing crackling loud, but deep, very mean sounding tone and rumble. I had a set of Warlock racing mufflers on my 5.0 and they were the perfect sound. They were louder on the 5.0, which was stock except for the mufflers, than my '03 is with a full exhaust. I actually have a set of the Warlocks ordered now for my '03. I will post sound clips before with the Flows and after with the Warlocks once its all said and done with in the next week or so.

97gtblue said:
i have them welded in with an o/r h pipe,the best sound in my opionon..as for interior noise.its pretty loud in the car.i like drive my car at the right rpm's just to hear it in my car.i love the sound

same setup as me...it drones at like 2200 or something but its gone by 2500

man i must be going deaf then. I have Flowmaster 40 series mufflers welded in with a MAC O/R H pipe, and while it's noticeable, and louder than the factory mid pipe, i don't consider it to be loud. Although people on the outside tell me it's pretty loud, inside the car, it's like sweet music. Hell i I like running it the rpm where those babies start to drone, there is nothing like it. I love my 40 series and o/r h pipe. Sounds mean as hell.

0LASERGT1 said:
I have them welded in and absolutely hate them...

In my opinon, they are not much louder than stock at IDLE. They are not overly loud inside the car at all, you can have the radio on 2 bars and still easily here it, even at 2-3k rpms.

some people swear by them, but until I get a midpipe(X) I am very disappointed in them.

Rizzo, you probably already know this, but go with the mustangtuning X pipe with the flows. Its mates really well. Dont go BBK or any other, they dont sound good. You could go Dr. Gas, but break out the welder if you do.

I personally loved the Pro-Chamber with my flows, but the X would be Alot louder :nice:

I started with an american thunder catback, sounded much better than stock. then added my offroad h and woohoo! I cant decide to go original 40's, or just dump, the deltas that come in the catback. I raced a new z the other day, and all he could say was sounds nice, which means he was behind me. 30 grand, chaseing a $12000 cobra, gotta love it. if you take the carpeting, and spare tire out of your trunk, lay down the seats, you might start to think about your neighbors. but it sounds nasty(in a good way)