OT-Anybody w/ springs, and ground effects have trouble jacking up their car?

deadly97snake

Founding Member
Mar 21, 2001
Manchester, NH
I have a xenon ground effects kit and BBK 1.5" lowering springs. I hate it when I gotta put it up on jack stands because I have to use my spare tire jack then when one side is up I can finally fit the 2 ton jack I have under the front end. I put the front on jack stands then go to the rear. I have to use my spare tire jack on the rear and do the same process.

Does anybody know of a better way to do this or a place that sells a jack for lowered cars?

• Sponsors (?)

take some 2x12 lumber, cut them into 16" pcs....put a 45 deg cut on one end...stick em in front of your tires, drive on and it should be at jack height...

much cheaper than a jack.... :D Im almost to the point where if I lower mine anymore I'll have to do the same just so I can get my lift arms under it... :(

Yeah I got 2 in lowering kit on mine it was on there when I bought it so I'm gonna leave it but I don't think I would ever do that to a car. To much of a pain in the ass to work on. I can't fit under the stupid thing unless I jack it up and I gotta use a scissor jack to do that cause my floor jack don't fit and when i do jack it up I try not to go up to high cause it starts making weird noises in the rear so I just fit under it and if I turn my head I hit the underneath of the car. If it ever falls i'll be smashed, and before i got my exhust fixed it was scraping on everything.

I was gonna do the wood idea some what i was gonna make my own ramps but haven't gotten around to it yet cause the normal ramps don't work either

I don't even have a bodykit or anything and it's a PITA to lift my car. When I was doing my h-pipe the other day I went to jack up the front, and then couldnt get the back up. Tried the back, the front was to low then. I had to lift the back, then jack up the front from behind the front-right wheel enough to get some jackstands under it, then i jacked up the front some more, and threw some more jackstands under it. but it was worth it, in the end the whole car was about 2 ft off the ground. made the h-pipe real easy