Our 73 won "best under construction" yesterday at a show!!

electricgreen

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Western NY
Yup, got her into basically one piece (only the front seats & belts, and the dash inside), drove her up to the show, and WON best underconstruction!! It was so awesome to get her up there, its been a long year of no driving her! It;s really cool, since we've been there the past three years (since the first show), and people come up to check out the new work, and talk about the car.

Here's a pic with her award:

796631_60_full.jpg

And a side shot:

796631_59_full.jpg

I gotta say, if we werent commited to yello, that semi flat that's on the rear would be the paint, it's HOT :hail2: on the big bodies!!

• Sponsors (?)

Platonic Solid said:
Congrats!! :nice: I didn't know there was a "best underconstruction" catagory. And all these years I've avoided taking any of my cars to shows thinking they weren't worthy. I may have to reconsider.

My first mustang, a Cherry 65 coupe. Had it about two months and plowed it. The day before I didn't drive it to a car show because I was embarassed of the wires hanging from under the dash so I drove the wife's 98 Chevy Crapalier. After that I started on a rebuild with a different body with need of a lot of filler. As soon as that car was faintly driveable I was at the car shows. Flat black, ratty, with front of the hood rusted away. I don't drive to the shows to show anymore really. Its mostly to meet and greet with everyone. Learn old and new tricks and tips. I once won the "under construction" award. Right on man. These cars are never really completed, just abandonned works of art. I'm half quoting someone there. I second the congrats.

Platonic Solid said:
Congrats!! :nice: I didn't know there was a "best underconstruction" catagory. And all these years I've avoided taking any of my cars to shows thinking they weren't worthy. I may have to reconsider.

Thanks!! Not all shows have them, but this one does. It exists because I pestered the organizers into having one when the show began 3 years ago. Not specifically because I wanted to win it (it went to a 5? el camino the first year), but because I wanted to be able to bring Eleanor out to a show, and to see other under construction cars as well. I wish they promoted it more (it's not actually a class, but a special award), because I think a lot more "project in progress" cars would come. There's 2 other local shows that also have a class/award for under construction, but one's about an hour drive form us (still not comfortable driving her that far!), and the other one lands on the same day as a show I always go to with the vert.

We've got "street stock" classes, it's not enough to be in the modified class, but it's not truley stock anymore either-I bet that would be the class your car would be in around here. It's a growing class, I see it popping up at more shows every year. I've got some friends that show in that class, they aren't wildly modified cars, but they have some non-stock mods...

i agree DKWilins cause the 71-73 stangs dont get the respect they deserve because the early mustang kinda close them out... but that is starting to change these stangs are on there way up very soon...the numbers are going down because lots of them are rusting away but the ones that are around in good shape are going to be worth big bucks very soon..... and let us all remember that the 1971 boss 351 was the fastest factory mustang from 64 1/2 to 1973... this excludes the shelbys of course....
ps. all of you 71-73 stangers out there keep up the good work i love to see some people getting these stangs on the road again...