Our cars come with a 70mm maf stock>

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
is so, what size should i get cause i see most are close to that size, aftermarket i mean. also if that is true isnt the TB the most restrictive thing then at 50mm? maby i should forget about the maf and just get a 65mm throttle body, what do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

I was told at a speed shop that the MAF flowed more then enough air for the car and that the tb was the best thing to change cause it was the most restrictive. Guy kept asking me if i had forced air or NOS i was like NO he said then you don't really need to change it then said the MAF would be like 400 bucks i was like ha ha yeah right. I love stangnet and ebay a lot of good prices lol

the "70" mm maf has a huge bar in the center which creates a blockade. a 73 mm aftermarket maf would flow waaaaay better.

But a Pro M 77 or Pro M 80 is THE way to go. the 80. they not only flow more but they lean out the maf tables and make more power that way as well.

dont screw with the C&l CRAP

It's funny when you talk to mechanics who work on daily driven cars only, and never deal with aftermarket companies... prices are so through the roof on some parts, such as a new MAF. They want like $600 for a new MAF for some cars, im thinking ya right.. and they are serious!

Before listening to people and speed shops check here first. We won't BS anyone because we are not looking to make money off you like those guys are.

The stock MAF size is 70MM and generates about 800 cfm. By changing it you obviously will increase that number. Check the FAQ sheet for cfm's for MAF's and throttle bodies. Remember you can only cram so much air into the intake.

GreenMustangGt said:
is so, what size should i get cause i see most are close to that size, aftermarket i mean. also if that is true isnt the TB the most restrictive thing then at 50mm? maby i should forget about the maf and just get a 65mm throttle body, what do you think?

I'm not sure what you mean about the 50mm tb as the stocker is 60mm but the stock tb & maf got me close to 300 rwhp.

I have since moved up to a 65 tb & 80 maf and I've noticed a gain to be sure but IMHO unless you are set up to move a lot of air through the motor the larger tb & maf just don't deliver as good of a gain as stuff like good flowing heads, cam, & intake.

You can get a tuning device for about the same price of a tb & maf. The gain from being able to fine tune your spark & fuel tables might just be about the same or more as the tb & maf on a mild combo and being able to tune out any drivability probs as the combo gets more serious would be another benefit as well.

Just another way to see things as they say

Later
Grady