Owned.....

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
......by cheap plastic push pins. :notnice:

Was on my way to the strip saturday on I-40 doing about 70, and I heard what I honestly thought was my motor blowing (had been tinkering with a detonation problem condition with my XCal2). Fortunately the car was running fine so that ruled the motor out. Some old lady in a Neon flew by and was pointing down, so I pulled over and saw this hanging from my bumper :notnice:

View attachment 480833

FdChinSpoiler004.jpg

View attachment 480836

Only lasted 4 months :nonono: Ironically over spring break I wanted to replace all the push pins with actuall hardware. I figured if I hit something that would cause the chin spoiler to pull the bumper off with it, I probably F'ked the whole bumper up anyway. Never got around to it, this is what I get. Im guessing one or two of the push pins worked its way loose or wasn't pushed through the entire way and eventually the force of the wind had its way with it.

So now, what do I do? I really like the look of the chin spoiler, but DAMN, the cheapest I can find it anywhere is $99 + shipping! F'k that! I tried getting in touch with RandyStinchcomb (sp), but he cant be reached via PMs here or on the Depot. :shrug:

Its either another chin, 01 or 03/04 Cobra. If I do another bumper it wont be for a while bc it would need paint and the rest of my cars paint isn't in great shape anyway, not to mention I'd rather spend $500 on go-fast parts instead. Just throw me your opinions.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A MACH 1 CHIN SPOILER FOR UNDER $75? Is that even possible :shrug: I cant believe they can charge $100 for a piece of pressed plastic :nonono:

*Hold the smart-ass comments to 1 per username, thanks ;)

• Sponsors (?)

Ouch thats gota suck! definatly get the go fast goodies before you buy a new bumper and have to paint it and all that. Mine got F'd up buy the ramps to get on the trailer. Looks like somebody took a cheese grater to it.

OK, don't know if you already know or not, but there is an interview with him on www.paposseracing.com. Click on the "PA Open Wheel" thing in the upper left corner. His interview is the last half of the video.

Edit: They updated it, so do a search in the upper right corner for pa open wheel and mike erdley will come up eventually...

SilverSteed said:
OK, don't know if you already know or not, but there is an interview with him on www.paposseracing.com. Click on the "PA Open Wheel" thing in the upper left corner. His interview is the last half of the video.

Edit: They updated it, so do a search in the upper right corner for pa open wheel and mike erdley will come up eventually...
Cool man, Im checking it out now. :nice:

stangGT97 said:
ouch dude that sucks! I would definitely say screw the chin spoiler for now and spend money elsewhere. $100 for pressed plastic is highway robbery
I know, its BS. But it looks so damn good compared to the stock bumper alone and doesnt need paint. Why cant someone mass produce these things and sell them for what they used to be, like $40-50? :nonono:

That suxs man, Cheapest place I found them was mustangtuning for like $80. But they never have them in stock. :nonono: I can't believe them things are so exspensive, thats the whole reason I havnt got one yet. But your right, they look so good though.

LOL, I nailed a freegin raccon with my spoiler @ 40MPH and it just knocked a few pins out :shrug: . Apparently SOMEONE drilled the holes in yours too big :D . LOL.

I recal getting mine for 75 from mustangtuning....but I also recal them saying that the price was going to go to $99 so im not sure.

Ernad said:
that's what you get for racing a grandma in a SRT :D

I'd love to help ya, but I have no idea where you could get one for cheap :shrug:
she smoked my ass too :nonono:

Holes werent too big. I know this bc we had a HELL of a time getting those things pushed all the way through. I dont know, Ive been thinking about 01, 03/04 Cobra, or Roush Stage 3, but that would change the entire look of my car and what I want to do with it. Guess I'll just take it up the ass for now and stay with what Ive got. After LT's maybe I'll ante up the $125 ( :nonono: ) with the mad tyte benjamins I'll be bringing home with the new job :shrug: