Owned.....

• Sponsors (?)

4u2nv said:
Did you drill the holes a bit too wide when you installed it?
no, in fact they may have been one size too narrow. We had a bitch of a time getting the push pins the whole way pushed through. They were the ones you can buy @ Advanced Auto, and I still have two that sheared (broke since we're talking about plastic) off and stuck in the chin spoiler. I'll be more than happy to take pics.

Im not too concerned about how or why, but if I get another one Im using real hardware and I'll take my chances with the bumper. I had it on for 4-5 months and Ive driven 90 for a good stretch of highway a few times and obviously had no problems until now. In all honesty I was so glad it wasnt my motor I really wasnt too upset, rather relieved to see it was the chin spoiler.

With my new found wealth I may as well say F'k it and but an 03 Cobra that has a different bumper already :shrug:

tomustang said:
You'll wish you'd be dreaming when you start squealing like pig from the force brch!
Our talented Tom:

deliverance_guitar.jpg

4u2nv said:
On a serious note...
Save for a new bumper. The CS's are not worth the $100 they are bringing nowadays.
maybe, I just dont know which one. The GT + CS is the only one that gives me the look im going for. How about this: I have to run 12s before I can buy another CS? Maybe by then one of the aftermarket companies, you know, the ones who manufacture these complicated mechanical parts, will figure out a way to cheaply mass produce a plastic chin spoiler and sell it for under $50 :shrug:

oh, and I didnt care about the sudden turn the thread took, have at it hoss :p

I downloaded that movie tonight to watch.
:scared:

just out of curiosity......

from what I understand the company that made the mold for chin spoilers and grille deletes went out of business, and Ford jacked the prices on chin spoilers and eventually discontinued them? If you cant get them from Ford, what are Mach 1 owners going to do if they F up their chin? :shrug: I tried getting a hold of Randy over @ MD, but he cant be PMd or e-mailed?