P155, 1150, 1151 Diagnostic codes help

mdvaldosta

Sep 11, 2003
P0155 Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor circuit fault - Bank No. 2.

P1150 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Adaptive Fuel Limit - Bank No. 2.

P1151 Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 2.

I have quite a bit of OBDII experience, but Im alittle unsure about this one. Reason I say that is I installed a JMS chip a few months back and immediately got the check engine light. I had longtubes, off road mid-pipe, gears, etc. before this and use MIL eliminators and never had the light come on. Immediately came on (within 20 minutes) with the chip in. I think nothing of it as the car ran fine and never bothered to send the chip back off. Since then I've had mass air meter upgrades, etc.

Well pulled the codes with the chip in yesterday and got 0155 and 1151. Pulled chip out, reset cpu, drove car again - light came on again. This time with 0155, 1150, 1151.

Now, Im not sure if this is because of my longtubes or because of the O2 sensors, because the longtubes were already on and never got a light before the chip. Got light with the chip right after I put it in, but now when I remove it I still get the light.

It sucks, any advice?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't really know if this'll help you or not but this is my experience:

A few weeks ago I was getting a P1131 code (same as your P1151 code, only passenger side instead of driver). So I replaced the passenger side O2 sensor and I immediately got another CEL, this time P1130 and P1131... I screwed up the wire cutting when I installed the sensor and the grey ground cable wasn't making contact. So I fixed that and everything's fine now. So yeah... I don't really know what to tell you... it seems to me like the computer's not recognizing the sensor? :shrug:

Don't really know if this'll help you or not but this is my experience:

A few weeks ago I was getting a P1131 code (same as your P1151 code, only passenger side instead of driver). So I replaced the passenger side O2 sensor and I immediately got another CEL, this time P1130 and P1131... I screwed up the wire cutting when I installed the sensor and the grey ground cable wasn't making contact. So I fixed that and everything's fine now. So yeah... I don't really know what to tell you... it seems to me like the computer's not recognizing the sensor? :shrug:

Anything else I can check on top before pulling sensors?
Thanks,
P