P2004 and P2005 error codes??

RickETrash

Founding Member
Sep 27, 2002
Wilmington, DE
I have just recently started to get the trouble codes listed above, P2004 (Intake manifold runner control stuck open (bank 1)) and P2005 (Intake manifold runner stuck open (bank 2)). can anyone clear up what exactly is going on here? it started happening sometime after i put on my JLT air kit and had a tune sent from brent over at DTP.

my setup is:
05 Mustang GT, MAC LTs, MAC catted prochamber, MAC axleback, 4.10 gears, JLT cold air kit with diablo tuner.

Just wondering what was triggering these codes and what needs to be done to correct them, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I had problems after installing my Steeda CAI, but my error codes just said I was running lean. I have found that the canned tunes are basically crap and you really need to get your car tuned by a professional tuner in order to make sure your car is running right and to squeeze out some extra performance. Good luck with it, I know it is a pain in the butt, but it is definately worth the end result.

hi everybody,,i am also getting the code p2004 come up when i plug in my reader...and yes i have fitted a cold air intake kit..which worked fine first of all,only lately has the engine light started coming on on initial fire up..so,is it correct i need to have the motor tuned to accept the air kit??..and i dont need to fit another actuator??......Rob