Painless 20120 Harness Installation

First question is easy. You have it wired up correctly and the parking lights go out when the headlights are on. This is the way that works.

In regards to the second question I believe you're right cause I'm having a dimmer switch problem as well wherein my lights only work on the low setting and when you hit the switch for the "high beams" the lights go out. hmm. Wonder if maybe painless just wired it wrong?

I believe the last wire's you are referring to are for the air conditioner blower. Don't quote me on that though as I can't get my heater blower working as of yet.

Other than that it's a simple install that took me about 3 weekends worth of work. It was a pain in the butt but well worth it in the end.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, found out about the front parking lights and that's how it was wired from the factory. Painless said that it was still wired that way now because apparently DOT doesn't want an illuminated marker to also be the turn signal. They want separate bulbs for the front marker and turn signals or a turn signal on off alone.
Also found out that the high low beam plug IS wired wrong. You can remove the terminals from the connnector. Then re-insert them properly. I used a very small screwdriver pushed in to the terminal socket to depress the tab and was able to fairly easily remove the connectors. The heater wires I'm not going to worry about quite yet. Still chasing down a problem in the steering column wiring. Looks like it's going to have to be replaced too.
So far so good!