parasitic draw 2003 v6

hello,
I inherited a 2003 mustang v6. battery drains after two days of sitting. disconnected battery and put voltmeter between battery and post on 10A setting. Get draw of 8.8A that goes down to 8.4A after a few minutes. Stays at 8.4A. Disconnected the alternator and no change. Started pulling the under dash fuses and I honestly forget which of the 40A fuses got rid of the drain, but it wast specific enough to help me. I then started yanking fuses under the dash. eventually the 5amp fuse that I believe is for the GEM module got the drain to .02A.Fuse is right side of panel third fuse down. I searched on the internet and see the GEM module controls a lot of things. My interior light stays on and the drivers window does no go down. I then opened the door panel. I then removed the window and lock switches. Neither did anything for the drain. I them unplugged the window motor connector on the door. No change still draining. I then removed the door light switch near the door lock mechanism. No change still draining 8.4A.

Seats are manual. No other noticeable problems with the car. Starts, runs and shifts fine. AC works great.

Any suggestions appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Under the hood fuse number is 6. It refers as i/p fuse panel, instrument cluster, powertrain control module. When this is pulled, drain goes to .02A.

The under the dash fuse that gets pulled to remove the drain is f2.39. It refers to the GEM 14b205.

If this were my car I would double check that something is not keeping the GEM awake when it should be going to sleep. Confirm there is no key off power in fuse F2.34, F2.43, F2.32, F2.28. IF any of these fuses have power when the key is off look for a possible ignition switch "issue". The ignition switch can be changed by a DIY'er and does NOT require any PATS re-programming.

If it's not an ignition switch problem more tests will be needed to rule out things such as:
  • Door locks
  • Interior lights
  • remote key FOB
  • wipers
  • GEM itself.
You may also find that having an advanced ODB2 scanner might give you important information about what's going on inside the GEM. Here's some information on an affordable Windows based unit.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/resources/forscan-odb2-scanner-w-elm327-usb.57/