• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

Parking brake options.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shakin66
  • Start date Start date Feb 10, 2008

Shakin66

Founding Member
Jan 19, 2001
628
1
19
Waycross, Ga / Lake James, NC
Feb 10, 2008
#1
  • Feb 10, 2008
  • #1
I have installed Baer disks and have their emergency brake cables but screwed up when I install my darkhorse t-56 crossmember as I covered the slot for the factory emergency brake "arm" under the car.....I saw a writeup on using a newer style console mounted parking brake out of a newer car but was wondering if anyone here has done this swap? TIA
 
I

iamlance

New Member
Sep 18, 2004
127
0
0
Feb 16, 2008
#2
  • Feb 16, 2008
  • #2
Up ya go. Anyone???
 

Aussie Mike

New Member
Feb 2, 2008
17
0
0
Perth - Western Australia
Feb 16, 2008
#3
  • Feb 16, 2008
  • #3
This thread may help.
Cheers, Mike
 

Decurion

Member
Sep 28, 2006
353
0
16
Livonia, MI
Feb 16, 2008
#4
  • Feb 16, 2008
  • #4
What I saw someone do on a falcon was cut a piece of the floorpan out of an early 80s mustang, and use it along with the center console. Rather than cut the existing floor out, they just layed and welded the piece of the newer mustang on top of the old floor, and used it that way. I guess you dont need a huge section of floor to make it work. I didnt know the guy personally, and only saw a couple pictures, so I cant really be of any more help than that.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3
Hammer shifter problems
  • 387lx
  • Apr 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
228
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 11, 2026
General karthief
A
95 GT parking brake instrument cluster light trouble
  • Aroenias
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
275
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 24, 2025
Mustang5L5
Parking brake cable
  • 78 Mach1
  • Apr 21, 2025
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
4
Views
437
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Apr 30, 2025
78 Mach1
Parking brake cable
  • Scrapla347
  • Nov 30, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
577
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Dec 1, 2024
Scrapla347
J
For Sale MASTER LISTING: Abandoned '66 Mustang Restomod Part-Out (Wilwood, Ididit, Quick Performance, Mishimoto)
  • JasonB66
  • Jul 23, 2026
  • Suspension
Replies
0
Views
239
Suspension Jul 23, 2026
JasonB66
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?