Passenger Door Help..... Any Help Much Appreciated...

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi.. so I'm in the middle of a paint job.. haven't base coated yet... just primed... and I want to fix my doors before continuing... both rock up and down easily.. so the pins/bushing need to be replaced.. but the problem I have with the driver side is the spacing... it is rubbing against the front fender.. how do I adjust the door back??? Gap is too big between the door and the quarter panel.. and too small between the fender and the door... anyone ever fix or adjust this???

• Sponsors (?)

In order to fix that problem you have to remove the front fender. you will see the door hinge bolts to the a-piller but you need to get to the bolts you need to loosen them to slide the door back some, it doesn't take much sometimes less than a 1/4" up front will move alot way down the line, then just place the fender back on to check your line at the front of the door. keep moving it around(with help until you get your gaps and alignment, you may have to loosen the stricker on your door jamb also to help you out(it the pin with the torx head sticken out of jamb incase you didn't know). you are going to have to play with it because again once you loosen it, it's going to move side to side and up and down.

don't get fustrated you'll shoot for a perfect line at the quartpanel and have a big gap a the fender, you are going to have to fidle with it to get it has close as possible. good luck.