Patriot heads Stage II or III?

88CougarMan

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2000
Flower Mound, TX
Well, in preperation for the SC install, I've decided to get some Patriot heads. With the addition to what's in my sig, I will be getting a built shortblock(forged internals), VT Stage II blower cams, Accufab TB+Plenum and Bassani catback. So, what I'm asking is do I really need the stage III? Or will the stage II suffice?

Thanks,

Brian

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, also...to clear things up, I have Romeo heads right? I've read almost nothing but bad things on here about Patriot Heads so I was thinking about going for the VT heads. More expensive, but I want only the best for my baby. But just wanted to clear up whether I have Romeo or Windsor heads.

Sorry we didn't get back to you in time, but you did make the right decision. I can't comment on Patriot's quality, having had no experience with them myself, but I do know that VT puts out some great products and you will be happy with the choice you made. And as you probably know already, you have Romeo heads. That sounds like a pretty sick build that you're working on, keep us updated :nice:

Thanks man! I plan on purchasing the block from a local perfromance shop in the next few weeks, HPP Racing. It will be a few more weeks after that untill I can scrap up enough money for the install and tune. It should be mean. And the funny thing is, I'll probably baby it almost all the time. It's my daily driver and I live and work within 3 miles of eachother.

:hail2: Man thats going to be a 650RWHP capable setup....twin cobra fuel pump W/ BAP or twin Ford GT fuel pumps with BAP is needed.

Also need some 60# injectors if your going to push it that far :nice: .
Also glad to see your getting a forged motor too....I was going to say "bye bye motor" haha.

Keep us updated!

Don't get patroit heads at all they are garbage and I
hope patroit go's out of business.In the past right here
on Stangnet I heard of all kinds of people having problems with the patroit heads.Just do a search and you will see what I am talking about.
The VT cylinder heads would be a way better choice in
my opnion.

88CougarMan said:
Thanks man! I plan on purchasing the block from a local perfromance shop in the next few weeks, HPP Racing. It will be a few more weeks after that untill I can scrap up enough money for the install and tune. It should be mean. And the funny thing is, I'll probably baby it almost all the time. It's my daily driver and I live and work within 3 miles of eachother.

those are going to be the most enjoyable 3 miles you have ever routinely driven :nice:

Pennywise2 said:
Don't get patroit heads at all they are garbage and I
hope patroit go's out of business.In the past right here
on Stangnet I heard of all kinds of people having problems with the patroit heads.Just do a search and you will see what I am talking about.
The VT cylinder heads would be a way better choice in
my opnion.

It's all hear-say until you have a set of your own and know for a fact that they are no good. The last thread I saw regarding Patriot's heads, the guy was having problems and Patriot offered to replace his heads free of charge but he decided to post threads about why they suck. Sounds like good customer service if you ask me, at least they try to make things right if they screw up.

I know there has been a lot of talk in the past about Patriot's quality but who knows what has changed over the past 6 months, maybe they're pretty good now! 01Steeda has their heads/cams on his car and doesn't seem to have any problem, and I'm sure there are plenty others like him out there. I'd rather not knock a product that I have not tried myself and possibly propagate a myth. However if there is a product that everyone swears by (pretty much anything from VT), then I will give a nod to that company and hope that someone with real-world experience will come along to back up the recommendation.

please dont comment on something you have no clue about.. if ya have no experience just sit back and read. Patriot has done a wonderful job by me. I dont think you made a bad choice with VT though. they also make a wonderful product.

My heads and cams have performed flawlessly.. something i cant say about my shortblock.

01Steeda said:
please dont comment on something you have no clue about.. if ya have no experience just sit back and read. Patriot has done a wonderful job by me. I dont think you made a bad choice with VT though. they also make a wonderful product.

My heads and cams have performed flawlessly.. something i cant say about my shortblock.

thanks for backing up my point. Which shortblock are you talking about, the stock one?

no it was a built block, but it looks like i might have run the oil low.:bang:

2 weeks ago my belt broke, while changing it i unknowingly pushed the oil return lne into the crank pulley. I needed gas so right after i got back on the road i drove maybe 2 miles to the nearest gas station. where i found the busted line... i had lost a bit of oil.. didnt think 1 1/2 quarts run for so short a period would cause a problem, but it was obviously enough to cause some damage and it just slowly got worse.

good news is, it isnt that bad so some new bearings and a recondition rod and i am back on track. :nice: