PATs Issue after SCT tuner

A friend of mine hooked an SCT tuner up to my car and ran a tune on it. After the tune was loaded I got in to take it for a ride. Well it wouldnt start... Theft light blinking fast! Turns over all electricals work, fuel pump kicking on. I have ran several google searches only to find many issues with PATs and even more "do this" and nothing to really help. Is it possible that the SCT tuner wiped the key program? Als I only have one key. It does NOT fit the door or the trunk so Im sure someone previously has changed the ignition. All the info on this POS is on a thread around here somewhere if you want info on it. And can a ECM go bad trying to tune it? Yes we have tried loading previous tune/stock tune and no luck. Yes we have unplugged the battery for 30 mins. I dont even have enough money for a glass of water at the stealership so I need help! From my research there is no way to turn off PATs with the handheld it self but I was told I can call SCT and buy a tune with it shut off. We ran codes with the SCT tuner and got "theft detected engine disabled".

I dont know where to start. Any help would be appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

hi, it's 3AM where I live so I hope I can put this together right LOL
as far as I know , while tuning ur car, the ECM can go bad IF you unplugged it while writing or reading the tune, so , you will most likely end up with bricked ECM ,....

if that was the case here, you have to go to the nearest dealer, asking to flash your ECM, "been told it will cost from 100-200$..."

but before assuming anything , try to keep the key for about 90-120 seconds in the ignition stage..

also, as funny and stupid this might sound, try to locate in the trunk just next to the driver side tail light , you will see a RED button, " you will have to go behind the rug to see it " see if its pressed DOWN, if so , pull it up . **happened to me once while putting new lights, I accendatly push it down, and could not start the car for about 30 mnts until I pull it up again

some tuners can turn off the pats and so , if yours can't do this , you might be able to ask Tuning Superstore and they got the email....<[email protected]> for a costume tune that turn that off, will cost around 70 dollars " for diablo tuners not sure if they do yours "

I hope any of what I just wrote is useful good luck bro .

hi, it's 3AM where I live so I hope I can put this together right LOL
as far as I know , while tuning ur car, the ECM can go bad IF you unplugged it while writing or reading the tune, so , you will most likely end up with bricked ECM ,....

if that was the case here, you have to go to the nearest dealer, asking to flash your ECM, "been told it will cost from 100-200$..."

but before assuming anything , try to keep the key for about 90-120 seconds in the ignition stage..

also, as funny and stupid this might sound, try to locate in the trunk just next to the driver side tail light , you will see a RED button, " you will have to go behind the rug to see it " see if its pressed DOWN, if so , pull it up . **happened to me once while putting new lights, I accendatly push it down, and could not start the car for about 30 mnts until I pull it up again

some tuners can turn off the pats and so , if yours can't do this , you might be able to askTuning Superstore and they got the email....<[email protected]> for a costume tune that turn that off, will cost around 70 dollars " for diablo tuners not sure if they do yours "

I hope any of what I just wrote is useful good luck bro .

EDIT: Im tired been working on it all day. The button is supposed to be pressed down when it trips it will pop out. So its down. You know the fuel switch in the trunk is pressed down... I dont know how to pull it up though. Also I was told by ford today that if you clear DTC codes and it throws codes again then the ECU is fine. I know SCT will email me a custom tune to disable pats. But that will be monday before they can.

Only codes Im getting in the cluster diagnostic test A139 and R147
Code A139 is "PCM ID does not match between Instrument Cluster and PCM."
D147 SCP Invalid or missing data for vehicle security

Codes Im getting from OBDII scanner
P1260 Theft detected
P1000 which is a rediness code

Now If it was the key it would throw one of these

9600 PATS Ignition Key Transponder Signal is Not Received - Damaged Key or non-PATSKey
9601 PATSReceived Incorrect Key-Code from Ignition Key Transponder (unprogrammed Encoded Ignition Key)
9602 PATS Received Invalid Format of Key - Code From Ignition Key Transponder (Partial Key Code)
9681 PATSTranceiver Signal is Not Received (Not Connected, Damaged, or Wiring)

If the PCM was bad it would throw this (9342 ECU is defective)

I also only have one key for the car but there is this code (9213 Anti-theft number of programmed keys is below minimum)

I may be wrong on some of this stuff but I dont know. Google search shows TONS of people with this issue and a million+ different ways to fix it. I have come to the conclusion of 2 ways. Custom tune from SCT to bypass PATS and take it to ford. Which Im sure they will try and get all the money out of me they can!!!

Two things which come to mind. The installed tune did not match your ECU code. Assuming you already tried return to stock, the only thing left to do would be to either tow it to a dealer for a reflash, or maybe you can remove the ECU from the car and take that in.

Was the handheld yours or your buddies? As stated above their mated to an ecm. That may have tripped it if the ecm code doesn't match what's written in the handheld. But I wouldnt think it would have let you load a tune

Was the friends. It was still uploaded to his 01 bullitt. But it let him load a tune. Its looking like Im going to be buying Delta Force tuning software and bypassing the PATS all together.