PBM PERFORMANCE CAMSHAFT

• Sponsors (?)

when i took my engine in for rebuilding, the mechanic guy used PBM. before, i've never heard of them. but he used lifters and cam (all i know of). the cam was the same specs as a edelbrock performer. 204/214 duration 448/472 lift.

Cobain03 said:
when i took my engine in for rebuilding, the mechanic guy used PBM. before, i've never heard of them. but he used lifters and cam (all i know of). the cam was the same specs as a edelbrock performer. 204/214 duration 448/472 lift.

Are you satisfied with the parts? I'm going to call their warehouse monday and see if I can get some info. They may be just reboxing somebody else's parts.
www.pbmperformance.com

Cobain03 said:
but thats false advertising, and i'd say that the company could get in a lot of trouble for that.

Happens all the time. There are only about 4 tire manufactures but over 200 brands. You do not think Sears makes tools do you? Craftsman hand tools are made by Stanley. WallMart relables oil refined by Marathon/Ashland (refiner of Valvoline). The examples are endless. Manufactures can sell their products to just about any retailer and have agreements on how it will be packaged.

John Z said:
Happens all the time. There are only about 4 tire manufactures but over 200 brands. You do not think Sears makes tools do you? Craftsman hand tools are made by Stanley. WallMart relables oil refined by Marathon/Ashland (refiner of Valvoline). The examples are endless. Manufactures can sell their products to just about any retailer and have agreements on how it will be packaged.

oh i agree with that, i was referring to inaccurate numbers. for instance, selling a 1/2 wrench thats actually a 7/16th. or a synthetic as a non synthetic as the examples above was used.

Cobain03 said:
oh i agree with that, i was referring to inaccurate numbers. for instance, selling a 1/2 wrench thats actually a 7/16th. or a synthetic as a non synthetic as the examples above was used.

Were you refering to the comment about the cam having the same specs on paper but if it's not degreed in you do not get the expected performance? If so I think what that comment means is the cam must be properly installed. Degreeing in a cam is part of a proper installation process. Sorry if you already knew this, it's hard to judge where a person is comming from and what there background is on these discussion groups.

I don't see that it would be an advantage for a company to advertise wrong specs on a cam. I could see where a mistake could be made shipping the wrong one. Has anyone ever heard of a cam not being what it is supposed to be? I'm not implying that it's never happened. I'd just like to know it it has happened and how often.