People took off their K-member to install LT, get in here!!!!

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
So i'm working on the dreadded LT install now, and i'm on process of getting K-member out. I've read many install how-to, but non of them mention anything about what i've been wondering.

It looks like holes where 8 bolts that holding K-mwember to the car is big enough to have some room to move around. So once i reinstall everything back on after LT is in, it look like it can go little bit off so-to-speak from where it was from factory. Now how do i deal with that? Will it center itself as i tighten everything else like motor mount and such????
Or is that something i don't have to worry about? And how about Aligment? will it be off and needs to make appointment with shop for aligment???

• Sponsors (?)

Good question. I know it will not help now but I always, always mark the location of everything before I take things apart. A friend did his LTs this way and he did not say anything about the need to line the K member back up. I know with aftermarket units, you will need to do this but Ford may have made it fool proof for easy assembly on the line.

Yep, a couple of marks where it goes should be good. I got lucky when I did mine, because I already had it off before I marked it. My alignment wasn't off by much and I haven't had it re-aligned yet. It can be costly to get it done the right way because they need to loosen up the K-member and move it around back into position. I got quoted for 5 hours of labor from a friend's place of work.