• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Perfect fit Optima Battery!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoNsTaMaCk24
  • Start date Start date Dec 22, 2005
M

MoNsTaMaCk24

Founding Member
Aug 12, 2002
742
0
0
Shippensburg, PA
Dec 22, 2005
#1
  • Dec 22, 2005
  • #1
D75/25 Yellow top Optima Fits PERFECT!!! I bought it from remy_battery off Ebay for less than 120... I put the yellow connecting piece to the bottom of the battery and stock hold down holds it in GREAT! If you didnt know I bought an optima from Auto Zone they stated one size fits all it ended up being too tall... I have rockford Fosgate terminals! But if you dont want to mess with your battery tray get this one figured I would let everyone know about this!
 

Gearbanger 101

Straight Outta Locash
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 10, 2002
9,457
1,377
234
Ontario, Canada
Dec 22, 2005
#2
  • Dec 22, 2005
  • #2
Thanks for the tip, good to know for someone going to mount the battery in the stock location.....but I paid $100.00 Canadian for my Optima (Seconds) battery and mounted it in the trunk.
 
M

MEandmyKB

New Member
Oct 13, 2005
68
0
0
Dec 22, 2005
#3
  • Dec 22, 2005
  • #3
MoNsTaMaCk24 said:
D75/25 Yellow top Optima Fits PERFECT!!! I bought it from remy_battery off Ebay for less than 120... I put the yellow connecting piece to the bottom of the battery and stock hold down holds it in GREAT! If you didnt know I bought an optima from Auto Zone they stated one size fits all it ended up being too tall... I have rockford Fosgate terminals! But if you dont want to mess with your battery tray get this one figured I would let everyone know about this!
Click to expand...


Here are 2 dumb questions:
Is the "yellow connecting piece" a spacer plate that comes with the battery?
Will being a "Deep Cycle" battery cause any problems?


Thanks.
 
M

MoNsTaMaCk24

Founding Member
Aug 12, 2002
742
0
0
Shippensburg, PA
Dec 22, 2005
#4
  • Dec 22, 2005
  • #4
Yeah piece came on top of the battery connected to another yellow piece I believe to protect the terminals and from what i read about these optimas that I liked is... You can leave your stang sit for quite sometime and wont have to jump it... And they last really long! No problems here!
 

evolucion311

Member
Mar 19, 2009
236
2
18
May 4, 2009
#5
  • May 4, 2009
  • #5
Resurrecting from the dead

Are the red top batteries best for running a couple of amps for a stereo? My walmart battery is a POS
 

1992 2.3LX

New Member
Dec 5, 2002
885
0
0
Ky
May 4, 2009
#6
  • May 4, 2009
  • #6
Optimas SUCK!!!

Only thing good about them is the replacement warranty. I have had 4 in two years.

Only keep getting them because they are free.

Other than that your standard Motorcraft is a far better battery for the money.
 

Killa

Active Member
Jul 9, 2007
1,006
56
49
May 4, 2009
#7
  • May 4, 2009
  • #7
1992 2.3LX said:
Optimas SUCK!!!

Only thing good about them is the replacement warranty. I have had 4 in two years.

Only keep getting them because they are free.

Other than that your standard Motorcraft is a far better battery for the money.
Click to expand...

Seond that ^^^^, I would use interstate battery over that optiama.
 

The O.G.

Member
May 28, 2007
145
0
16
witch city,mass
May 4, 2009
#8
  • May 4, 2009
  • #8
The people i know have not liked their optimas.

2005
 

mustang50v8

Member
Feb 4, 2003
548
3
18
847 Chicago Burbs
May 5, 2009
#9
  • May 5, 2009
  • #9
i have no problems with my optima.

but if i dont use optima i use interstate batteries.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
450
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
What's your tow rig?
  • LILCBRA
  • May 31, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
6
Views
293
Other Auto Tech Sunday at 6:09 PM
JD1964
Run a 5 channel or use head unit and mono amp for sub?
  • 2000xp8
  • Sep 20, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 23, 2024
2000xp8
For Sale 3-owner 1987 Mustang GT, $18K obro, Lancaster CA
  • Bill Cool
  • Oct 6, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
4
Views
2K
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Oct 13, 2024
nickyb
W
2012 Base Convertible Driver Side Power Window Will Not Work
  • wmmihail
  • May 25, 2024
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
2K
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech May 25, 2024
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?