• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Performance Clutch

  • Thread starter Thread starter stlboarder
  • Start date Start date Dec 27, 2003
S

stlboarder

Founding Member
Jul 1, 2002
215
0
17
Arizona
Dec 27, 2003
#1
  • Dec 27, 2003
  • #1
I did a search and it pulled up nothing. I will be needing a new clutch soon and I want to upgrade to one that can hold more torque. Where can I go to find some? I look on partshopper and gefracing.com.
 
S

SpectorV

Founding Member
Sep 3, 2000
1,872
0
36
Florence, Alabama
Dec 27, 2003
#2
  • Dec 27, 2003
  • #2
www.need-4-speed.com have spec clutches. they are really good just done use the throw out bearing that comes wiht them my friend did and it has ticked since day ONE no lie, use an oem ford one.
 
S

stlboarder

Founding Member
Jul 1, 2002
215
0
17
Arizona
Dec 27, 2003
#3
  • Dec 27, 2003
  • #3
What kind of tick? Like when he lets it out or just a constant tick?
 
S

SpectorV

Founding Member
Sep 3, 2000
1,872
0
36
Florence, Alabama
Dec 27, 2003
#4
  • Dec 27, 2003
  • #4
when the throw out bearing is riding on the pressure plate tick tick tick tick goes away when you push in the clutch, can be a whine also, just a bad throw out bearing... i have had 4 and my car has 35k on it
 
L

Linz

"I Love Seamen"
Founding Member
Jul 24, 2001
1,551
0
36
Northern Virginia
Dec 28, 2003
#5
  • Dec 28, 2003
  • #5
I've got a spec stage 1.I love it!
 
S

stlboarder

Founding Member
Jul 1, 2002
215
0
17
Arizona
Dec 28, 2003
#6
  • Dec 28, 2003
  • #6
Linz said:
I've got a spec stage 1.I love it!
Click to expand...

Thats what I am looking to get.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

T
Vibrating clutch pedal
  • t.hite10
  • Aug 10, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
199
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 11, 2026
squeak93
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
446
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
178
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
Drivetrain Broken clutch cable- what it looks like
  • JulianR
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
634
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 10, 2026
gkomo
4
Drivetrain Wilwood Clutch and Brake Pedal Combo Installation - Help
  • 427stang
  • Jul 8, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
80
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 8, 2026
427stang
4
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?