performance gains...?

so i am tinkering with the idea of getting a 75 mm tb and MAF adding either a trick flow upper and lower manifold and if money is available a decent set of heads.... I am curious what kind of performance gain i should see... obviously ill be upgrading the injectors while its apart as well. Curious what numbers i should get without the heads and with... hell toss some brand names at me too. I found a guy to burn me a chip as well with my mods.... I dont race the car so please avoid that I just want a snappy street car that I can get my fix for speed when I need it. Right now I only have a CAI and MAC headers O/R H pipe and cat back.... Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

so i am tinkering with the idea of getting a 75 mm tb and MAF adding either a trick flow upper and lower manifold and if money is available a decent set of heads.... I am curious what kind of performance gain i should see... obviously ill be upgrading the injectors while its apart as well. Curious what numbers i should get without the heads and with... hell toss some brand names at me too. I found a guy to burn me a chip as well with my mods.... I dont race the car so please avoid that I just want a snappy street car that I can get my fix for speed when I need it. Right now I only have a CAI and MAC headers O/R H pipe and cat back.... Thanks guys!

I'm all about getting the most bang for the buck spent :banana:

With everything you've done and have talked about ..........
the items to give most power are the intake and catless mid pipe :Word:

If doing a little at a time :shrug:

You'll not see a gain with the meter or tb :eek:

again ... if on a budget

I'd do the intake for a first mod ..........

save up for the heads
AND
If you can swing it ... do a cam along with the heads

Then again ...
a cam along with heads will most likely cause you to need a tune
and
at that time ... you'll push your tiny oem inj's too far :(
so
you gotta plan for how you wanna do the meter/inj/tune thing :D

any-hoo ... you gotta look long term with your plans and goals ;)

that way ... you'll make the most efficient use of your time and money :)

Grady

in the long run..

so in the long run id like to be up around 350 hp or so.. I already have the cats MIA from the exhaust (lovely sounding i might add) and now its time to play with the motor a bit... so some say a trick flow kit and others say save up and pretty much build the whole motor at once. in which case I would probably build a 331 with a good H/C/I set up. My question is will a throttle body and bigger MAF do anything ?? and I may have a holley systemax intake to drop on it real soon from a buddy... some one has to know the answer

so in the long run id like to be up around 350 hp or so.. I already have the cats MIA from the exhaust (lovely sounding i might add) and now its time to play with the motor a bit... so some say a trick flow kit and others say save up and pretty much build the whole motor at once. in which case I would probably build a 331 with a good H/C/I set up. My question is will a throttle body and bigger MAF do anything ?? and I may have a holley systemax intake to drop on it real soon from a buddy... some one has to know the answer

A few things to research :D

If you are gonna do a NA combo, go for the additional cubes ... 347 :)

Yes ... upgrade of tb and meter will do something
and
the're a must do thing on a h/c/i combo :Word:

Sooner or Later ... they gotta be upgraded
I'm just saying later ... thats all

I was just trying to show other items will give more gain NOW as opposed
to items like tb & meter

If you can score that intake you can run it just fine with your OEM tb
and meter

You'll run out of fuel before the meter becomes pegged ;)

You gotta decide about how you are gonna tune to deal with the additional
fuel :scratch:

Hosin around with fuel pressure and dizzy twistin ain't gonna cut it for
tuning such a combo :rlaugh:

With a 347, you're gonna need a meter and inj's of sufficient size to feed
such a combo ... so ... decisions about which parts and how to tune will
need to be made but for now ... you need to start the plan/research
thing don't ya know

30's will be on the small side :(
and
36's are no longer available :bang:
therefore
42's might be your only choice :shrug:

You can go aftermarket meter
or
You could go with a lightning meter

anyway ... more stuff for you to think about :)

Grady

yeah I hear you i am trying to figure out which direction to go with the motor... If i do bore it out im going to a 331 thats already decided on. I have a guy who can burn me custom chips for my mods. he said he can even reburn them for $10 when I add more performance parts. I just want to add some pep to the motor to fulfill my need to feel some giddy up once in a while. I guess its time to hit the books whith a pen and paper and then the bank for a loan! hahaha anyone else who wants to chime in with some help lets have it... im open for ideas. My buddy even say nitrous but im nervious about that *****.....:nice: