Pick my next N/A mod

• Sponsors (?)

All I know is my buddy the has it, ran 13.668 at the track with 3.90's. With only one of the spacers installed and a tune he has 265RWHP and 302RWTQ for a 2001 gt with only bolt ons.

I'm pretty sure the spacers are have a minimal effect on ET's for the late models. I heard spacers did a lot for early muscle cars though. Where does your buddy race at?

I'm pretty sure the spacers are have a minimal effect on ET's for the late models. I heard spacers did a lot for early muscle cars though. Where does your buddy race at?

He races at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma CA. And those are real numbers RWHP & RWTQ numbers. He says every little bit helps. His intake sucks a lot of air and I can hear it sucking from inside the car even with his loud exhaust. (no cats, w/ flows dumped)

He races at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma CA. And those are real numbers RWHP & RWTQ numbers. He says every little bit helps. His intake sucks a lot of air and I can hear it sucking from inside the car even with his loud exhaust. (no cats, w/ flows dumped)

What kind of intake does your buddy have? I'm suppose to go to race at Famoso in Bakersfield with my my buddy when we have the time.

His intake consist of

BBK CAI
BBK 75mm TB
TB spacer
BBK Plenum
Steeda Planum spacer

I would say go with JLT intake because his BBK get really hot. Plus the JLT is bigger and stays cool because it ABS not metal crome crap.

I have the same as your buddy's but have the C&L and Accufab upper combo, no spacers though.

Down the road I'll probably swap out the AEM for the JLT, I bought the car with the AEM already in it. If it was stock I would of just dropped a K&N filter in it. Maybe I'll call the guy and see if he still has the stock intake.

I have the same as your buddy's but have the C&L and Accufab upper combo, no spacers though.

Down the road I'll probably swap out the AEM for the JLT, I bought the car with the AEM already in it. If it was stock I would of just dropped a K&N filter in it. Maybe I'll call the guy and see if he still has the stock intake.

Nice. Yeah JLT is the way to go because it never gets hot. RAI is nice, CAI is better, but watch out for water. Hope you got an X or H pipe on so your induction is breathing good. I'm not as crazy as my buddy, he's running no cats w/ bbk X out here in Cali. (BBK X is the Loudest fa show)

Nice. Yeah JLT is the way to go because it never gets hot. RAI is nice, CAI is better, but watch out for water. Hope you got an X or H pipe on so your induction is breathing good. I'm not as crazy as my buddy, he's running no cats w/ bbk X out here in Cali. (BBK X is the Loudest fa show)

Yeah, my girlfriend is getting me a Pypes o/r X for Xmas. It should be loud with the flows and free up some decent power hopefully. I live here in Cali too and I wish emissions wasn't so strict but oh well hopefully I won't get pulled over for noise:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's what everyone is telling me so I'm pretty excited. Is is true I'll lose low end power with the o/r X? I know I'll gain power in the higher end.

It will make your mustang sound like a loud Ferrrari!!! JK

Something close to that at least. I honesty don't think you lose any low end power because your going to lose 4 cats with your o/r X and that makes a bigggggg difference:nice:

It will make your mustang sound like a loud Ferrrari!!! JK

Something close to that at least. I honesty don't think you lose any low end power because your going to lose 4 cats with your o/r X and that makes a bigggggg difference:nice:

Haha, I wish I had a Ferrari. I'm running flowmasters with the pypes o/r X, so ain't I losing only 2 cats?

No the stock H-pipe comes with 4 cats. (2 of which are more resonators than cats, but still rob you hp & tq)

I decided to keep the stock cats and make the H into an X see below. Rev's way better after I installed it.:D

View attachment 347367

Thanks, It's hard to see on my car because it's lowered. I bet your car sounds awesome. You have any exhaust clips?

Thanks, It's hard to see on my car because it's lowered. I bet your car sounds awesome. You have any exhaust clips?

Sorry I just got my cobra about four months ago and I'm new to the whole mustang thing. From import to cobra. Big difference! Go to youtube.com and do some searches and you'll be able to find gt's with what you're going to have.

My car sounds good and healthy w/ the cats and flowmasters though:nice:

Sorry I just got my cobra about four months ago and I'm new to the whole mustang thing. From import to cobra. Big difference! Go to youtube.com and do some searches and you'll be able to find gt's with what you're going to have.

My car sounds good and healthy w/ the cats and flowmasters though:nice:

I already have searched YT for some exhaust clips with the same setup I'm going to have and it sounds like a beast. So how's it like going from import to cobra? What import did you have if you don't mind me asking?

I already have searched YT for some exhaust clips with the same setup I'm going to have and it sounds like a beast. So how's it like going from import to cobra? What import did you have if you don't mind me asking?

It's nice.. I always have loved mustangs. I almost bought a white 5.0 mustang when I was 16yrs old, but it was a lemon. 5yrs later I bought a cobra...

Wow is all I can say when I first started driving the cobra.

My last car was a 1999 Acura Integra GSR 4 door

Cams
Port & Polish
Full headers & exhaust
Every bolt on
Stage 2 axles
stage 3 clutch
and a lot more...

Best time a Sacramento Raceway was 14.5 and then I broke both axles on the next run... o man...

All N/A just how my cobra is going to be. My next project car is probably going to be a new zo6 when I get in my mid-life crisis age. Haha

Send me a message if you got GT Q's because my buddy with his N/A gt has a lot of mods and I do all the researching for him:nice: