Picked Up A New Daily

• Sponsors (?)

My current fusion meets those goals too ;).

I'm curious about the focus RS though. The wife is dead set on a cts-v, but I'm too cheap for that.

I think it might be a bit too tough for 3. Legroom for the little dudes might be a tad tough if the driver keeps their seat pretty far back.

I ride to lunch in a standard Focus from time to time and this exact convo has come up with coworker and myself.

I'm actually trying to convince the wife to get a Ford Flex, as we also will need to deal with 3 car seats this fall. I'm trying to convince her she needs a twin turbo 370HP box on eheelz

Reactions: 1 user
My current fusion meets those goals too ;).

I'm curious about the focus RS though. The wife is dead set on a cts-v, but I'm too cheap for that.

Buy a used Gen 2 previously owned by an adult (old guy with lots of money who just dropped 80+ K on a new one). Get the Recaros. They are a LOT better than the Gen 3 Recaros.

Buy the extended warranty.

Edit: Sorry, I was referring to the V.

Very nice ride! Back in December I parted ways with my 01 Escape and picked up a 14 Fusion. The Escape was good to me but it was time, and man do I love the Fusion. It's not the Titanium but has almost all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't settle for anything less than the 2.0 Ecoboost.

Snapchat-1400808004.jpg

Straight up, over all, my wife's Fusion is a better car. She has an 11' with almost 100,000 miles on it. Never gives us any trouble. Drives great, ergonomically near perfect. I was honestly up in the air between buying this, and getting a Fusion Sport in a similar year. That was a Mazda Fusion, and I have heard the new ones that Ford did themselves aren't quite as good. I haven't been in one yet though. We'll get a few more years out of it I'm sure. Have you seen the new Fusion Sport 2.7 ecoboost? Really want to step up to one of those.

Kurt

So, can you fit 3 forward facing car seats in the back? :hide:

Probably not. You can do like I did and bring a filthy car seat onto the showroom floor, and tell the sales manager you are going to stuff it in his flaghip showroom model car. Go for the Fusion Sport mentioned earlier. Anything you can fit in the back of a CTS-V will easily fit in a Focus. There is not much backseat to be had in those at all.

Kurt

I was thinking of trading my Charger for a new Focus, but couldnt find a good deal on an AWD version anywhere. Loved the Charger, but it was a dumb winter car in Iowa. Found a used AWD Hemi Durango locally that I picked up a couple weeks back. My kids are liking the extra space, and the Mustang is back to being my only hot rod.

Reactions: 1 users
I was thinking of trading my Charger for a new Focus, but couldnt find a good deal on an AWD version anywhere. Loved the Charger, but it was a dumb winter car in Iowa. Found a used AWD Hemi Durango locally that I picked up a couple weeks back. My kids are liking the extra space, and the Mustang is back to being my only hot rod.
Hopefully the Durango is a lot slower than the charger was . Lol

Straight up, over all, my wife's Fusion is a better car. She has an 11' with almost 100,000 miles on it. Never gives us any trouble. Drives great, ergonomically near perfect. I was honestly up in the air between buying this, and getting a Fusion Sport in a similar year. That was a Mazda Fusion, and I have heard the new ones that Ford did themselves aren't quite as good. I haven't been in one yet though. We'll get a few more years out of it I'm sure. Have you seen the new Fusion Sport 2.7 ecoboost? Really want to step up to one of those.

Kurt

My brother has a 10 Fusion that he loves. He gets slightly better gas mileage than me but I attribute that to my lead foot and a turbo. The new Fusion Sport seems like a fun car haha, that might be my next one I get.

Kurt

Ironically my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 has been far and away more unreliable and problematic than my previous 2006 Fusion. That might be on me for buying a (then) 9 year old sports sedan, but still I put 100k miles on my Fusion with barely more than routine maintenance, while the Mazda has been a hot hot mess. It's just one data point, but my experience would motivate me to buy a new Ford before I would a new Mazda.

Ironically my 2006 Mazdaspeed6 has been far and away more unreliable and problematic than my previous 2006 Fusion. That might be on me for buying a (then) 9 year old sports sedan, but still I put 100k miles on my Fusion with barely more than routine maintenance, while the Mazda has been a hot hot mess. It's just one data point, but my experience would motivate me to buy a new Ford before I would a new Mazda.

I really wanted a MazdaSpeed for a long time, but it's outdated now. Of course it wasn't reliable, it's a 4 cylinder pushed to the limit with all kinds of untested technology. Oh :poo:, what did I just buy!!

Kurt

My brother has a 10 Fusion that he loves. He gets slightly better gas mileage than me but I attribute that to my lead foot and a turbo. The new Fusion Sport seems like a fun car haha, that might be my next one I get.

We get around 26mpg on the Fusion. The Focus has been sitting around 22ish. Of course half of that is with the throttle down, the other half is sitting in traffic.

Kurt

Hey, my friend inherited a Durango with his marriage. It was on it's 3rd transmission, 2nd complete body wiring harness, and 2nd transmission by 60,000 miles. Then the overwhelmingly underpowered engine blew a head gasket and he traded it in. We sat down with a sheet of paper and figured out that he could have made payments on two brand new Mercedes for what it cost to keep a Durango on the road. Just a heads up, let that one go when the warranty is up.

Kurt

Hey, my friend inherited a Durango with his marriage. It was on it's 3rd transmission, 2nd complete body wiring harness, and 2nd transmission by 60,000 miles. Then the overwhelmingly underpowered engine blew a head gasket and he traded it in. We sat down with a sheet of paper and figured out that he could have made payments on two brand new Mercedes for what it cost to keep a Durango on the road. Just a heads up, let that one go when the warranty is up.

Kurt

Warranty is already up based on miles. This is a 2012, not one of the old sht buckets. Its nice, I really like it. The newer body style feels very solid, and the interior is legit.