picked up a new motor!!!

pistonhead351

flim hunter
May 1, 2005
well i just bought a new/used motor from one of my buddy's. it came out of an nmra mustang and had about 35 passes on it, with no street-miles. ran mid 11's at 2900 pounds. made 400 hp to the wheels. here are the specs and pictures.
-306 with forged pistons. 10:5:1 comp.
-trick flow tw heads with triple springs, hand ported by D.S.S with the hi-rev valve package.
-scorpion 1:6 roller rockers
-eddy victor juinor intake
-trickflow vavle covers
-trickflow stage 3 cam
should be in by late fall or winter. im gonna clean it up and swap intakes, and paint the block and pan black.
newmotor003.jpg

newmotor001.jpg

guess what i paid??????

Attachments

• newmotor003.jpg
    newmotor003.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 100
  • newmotor001.jpg
    newmotor001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

LOL, Grn92 sometimes i think you dont have highways where you live! Some of us drive a lot more highway than street, plus the price of gas and the wear and tear of your motor turning 3800+ rpm's at 70mph. who the FAWK would want that in a street car? around town should be great though, do start off in 3rd and are in 5th by 35mph?

89white50 said:
LOL, Grn92 sometimes i think you dont have highways where you live!

Nope, many highways by me and my STREET car see's them ALL the time :)

Some of us drive a lot more highway than street, plus the price of gas and the wear and tear of your motor turning 3800+ rpm's at 70mph.

3,800?? WTF, I have a 5 speed manual, NOT a C4. I turn 2500-2600 on the highway with my 4.30's :)

who the FAWK would want that in a street car?

You build (or buy in this case) a high rpm engine and you gear it properly if you want it to work right.

around town should be great though, do start off in 3rd

Absolutly wrong, I start off in first :nice: No need to slip my clutch and put more wear on it. What I can do though, is go from first to forth if i'm feeling lazy :D

and are in 5th by 35mph

..and wrong again :D

this motor is getting converted to efi, and i was wondering if the stage 3 is streetable at all, since its going in my daily driver. it will be getting a edelbrock perf II on top of it. or would i be better off swapping the 3 for a stage 2?