[PICS] Bay Area Pony Drive, 2005 Mustang

Adam2004

Mar 9, 2004
Snapped these today in San Jose where the Pony Drive stopped for a couple hours. Found out some interesting information from the Ford guy and it was a blast seeing the '05 in person for the first time. I hope you enjoy the pics.

m2.jpg

m1.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Great pictures, thanks. I love everything except those rims (I really love the chromed 5-Spoke 18 inchers they had in the press photos). I still haven't decided on the spoiler, I would really like to see a ducktail on it.

Man...you guys are so lucky to get to see this thing live. As I stated in an other post. I will likely not see one until it is actually in a dealer showroom sometime in Dec. (I say December because I will be in Europe from November 8 to the 30th)

yeah, i agree, these are some awesome pics, nicest ones i've seen, thanks dude.
I really like those rims actually, though i agree they could be an inch taller.
Yeah, i'm pretty pissed about the timing of the montreal auto show, it came a couple days after detroit, so there wasn't any hope of them hauling ass along the 401 over here with that thing. won't be seeing it in person for a couple months probably.
But again, these pics are helping me to cope. I love those gills in the headlights, didn't notice them untill someone pointed them out last week some time, then i spotted an old '67 or '68 or something downtown and it had them too. Pretty neat, do they serve a purpose?

bigred0383 said:
Great pictures, thanks. I love everything except those rims

I agree, those rims suck. For me, they're totally ruining an otherwise beautiful sight.

To me, that car is just screaming for simple chrome 5-spokes. 18's would be optimal, but I think even the 17" chrome 5-spokes on the current GT's would look sweet.

Oh well, I guess when I buy mine, the first mod will have to be a set of rims. :rolleyes:

The gills by the headlamps were only on 1965-1966 models. I think the wheels are attractive. Not necessarily the ones I would opt for, but it's a good lookin' wheel. That's why they have wheel choices, not everybody wants the same damn thing.

I think the 5 spokes are ugly, and chrome is even worse. Chrome does not belong on a performance car. However, those rims need to be 18 or 19 inch and have lower profile tires on them.

Now why doesn't Ford do an "All Access" drive thing like Volvo just did with the S40, or Mazda does, or Benz...etc. I think this is a fatal flaw, they are very "look but dont touch" with this car.