pics of 1.5"+ lowered mustangs with 20s?

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I recently purchased an FR3 handling kit with 1.5" lowering springs. I am concerned that the car might be too low with the M-5300-Kf Springs that came with them.

With the new 20" wheels and these springs, I will be dropping about 2.5" in the front and close to 2.75" in the rear.

Id like to see pics of what I am getting myself into.

-Shane

• Sponsors (?)

I have the FRPP with 20's - how do you figure an additional 1 inch drop because of the 20's?

If you use the proper tire size the 20's will have the same overall diameter as your stock wheels.

Shelby CS66 20" wheels - car is dropped 1.5 front & back

Side.jpg

Stock size:

245/45/19

New tires are 255/35/20 and 285/30/20s.

The fronts are .75" shorter and the rears are 1" shorter than stock- according to online tire calculators

I couldnt pass up the deal that I got on the KDW2s for the front size ($85 each brand new). The rear size was the closest I could get to the front size (height wise)

I've always loved those wheels Klaw as you know, but I am starting to warm up to the Anthricite. I was originally looking at Chrome but for the price difference I could almost pay for new tires too (at the 18" size anyways). :p

Car's looking good man, I miss the strip and the Wed. shows at Home Depot!

I've always loved those wheels Klaw as you know, but I am starting to warm up to the Anthricite. I was originally looking at Chrome but for the price difference I could almost pay for new tires too (at the 18" size anyways). :p

Car's looking good man, I miss the strip and the Wed. shows at Home Depot!

What size are you looking for? A guy I know went out of business and had some in chrome and anthracite last fall - low chance he's still got them but might be worth a shot.

My car has changed alot since you saw it last (not much on the exterior). Current state of the project is summarized at:

2007 Mustang GT Coupe "BLWNPNY"

If you're ever in town the Wed night cruises have moved to Deerfoot Mall - we outgrew the Home Depot location. PM me and we can get out for a cruise.

What size are you looking for? A guy I know went out of business and had some in chrome and anthracite last fall - low chance he's still got them but might be worth a shot.

My car has changed alot since you saw it last (not much on the exterior). Current state of the project is summarized at:

2007 Mustang GT Coupe "BLWNPNY"

If you're ever in town the Wed night cruises have moved to Deerfoot Mall - we outgrew the Home Depot location. PM me and we can get out for a cruise.

Was thinking of 18 x 8.5's Maybe 18 x 9's if the price was right. I had a great lead on them through the Ford guy on Mustang Source (brain lock right now) but it was just before the move and I couldn't justify the cost but it would have been $285 per wheel for the chrome which is $115 off per wheel.

I won't get the car back up there I don't think, maybe for an international or something of the sort but if I do get back up to town this summer for work (not looking likely but hey who knows) I'll definitely post and come out.

And holy crap your car is a monster now! Some insane work you've put into that thing! I really haven't done anything since you last saw me except put my nifty side mounted front license plate kit and a bullit steering wheel. Ah well, wife has been staying home with our son so free mad money isn't flowing or I'd be in there! :)

I'll have to make a point to check out your ride if I do get into town, so many things I'd love to check out!