Pics Of Foxes With Good Looking 3" Tail Pipes, Please

FastDriver

My dad had a bra
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
Vass, NC
When exhaust is too big, it looks goofy, but I think 3" shouldn't look too bad. Always loved my old 2.5" system.

I'm thinking possibly
- standard stainless steel as opposed to chrome, but I'm not sure so I would like to see both
- can't see where the tips weld in to the pipe full pipe to the mufflers is probably best
- the right look on the LXs is when the pipes curve up at the same angle as the rear panels.
- Angle cut tips, as opposed to pipes that just end with as a complete circle

I'm guessing that most muffler shops can build this in a couple hours, but are there any specific brand recommendations out there?

• Sponsors (?)

Magnaflow 2.5" to 3", I think, = fail and no:
130448d1305514956-lookin-some-info-tailpipes-pics-inside-lxexhaust.jpg

The car looks good. The wheels are alright, but the pipes stepping up from like 2.5 to 3 looks bad, and they don't end right.

If these are 3" tubes, they're close, but not angled just right for the rear lower 1/4 panel. They're angle cut like the stock tips, though, which I really like:
25937215-972-1991-Mustang-LX-50L-AOD-ConvertibleTit.jpg

This is not bad on the angle or the tips, but is an example of where you see the tips connect before they're tucked safely under the car, plus I don't understand why they have to dip so low right behind the tire, but the curve of the pipes is interesting and more unique. If this were all chrome or stainless steel with no variation in color, it would be a good looking pipe:
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=3045&g2_serialNumber=2

Not 3", but the perfect angle:
39028-mustang-tailpipes-8697-v8.jpg

Here's a few shots of this car with a full 3" MAC kit. It is almost perfect. Maybe I could go with this if it could be shortened to come up just shy or right at the end of the body:
344639_218_full.jpg

344639_219_full.jpg

344639_227_full.jpg

I like the wheels in the last pic, but you can see how the pipes look a bit long there. Could probably just shave about an inch and bring them a little closer to the bumper. What do you think about that set?