Pics of recent engine bay mods. –long-

Head Paneer

Founding Member
Nov 7, 2001
Surf City, CA
It has been a long-term project but the engine bay is just about “complete”.

426834_39_full.jpg

Valve/cam covers:

Early this year, I posted a thread asking opinions of available valve/cam covers. Thanks to the information provided by several Stangnet members, I decided on the Team Breed covers. I am very happy with the quality and options. I worked with Ron to have the center section polished out and the custom logo engraved. The red paint detail was performed courtesy of my mom’s husband. So far, no oil leaks (knocking on wood). Installation was a PITA but well worth the effort.

426834_38_full.jpg

Pulley:

South Florida Pulley Headquarters made this custom quick-change pulley system for me. The interchangeable aluminum pulley has machined non-slip grooves. The steel hub is custom but accepts any of SFPH’s standard pulleys. So even though I am running a stock diameter right now, it only takes a few minutes to swap in the diameter of my choice. Installation was straightforward and the alignment is perfect. Thanks to Terry for his help and willingness to make this for me. :nice:

426834_43_full.jpg

Strut Tower Brace:

I have waited a long time (years) for a brace to would clear the M90 blower and was just about to have one custom made. Fortunately, Maximum Motorsport developed one for the ’03-’04 Cobras. The brace needed some persuasion to line up but is very solid once installed. I called MM and they noticed the same problem. I lucked out at caught them at the point in production when they had unpainted braces waiting for to be powder coated. After fitting the raw steel bar, I powder coated it silver to match the body color.

426834_44_full.jpg

426834_40_full.jpg

Radiator Reservoir:

Under Pressure Fabrication and Distribution, a local import tuner shop was contracted to make these aluminum tanks for a local Mustang tuner shop. 90% completed with the production of fifteen tanks, the deal fell through. UPFD is offering these fore sale with a polished finish standard, stainless hose and radiator cap. The tank bolted in with no modifications and does what it is designed to do; hold coolant and look good.

426834_41_full.jpg

426834_42_full.jpg

I think I am done with cosmetic stuff for now and will turn my attention to making more power with the blower. It never ends. :crazy:

• Sponsors (?)

Kilgore Trout said:
Very nice :nice: What is up with that little battery??

weight savings..they weigh @ 7lbs and are plenty strong to start your car.

Very nice engine bay. I picked up a set of those team breed covers also. Atleast i know how good they'll look when i put them in.

I am pretty sure this is the model I have but when I got it a couple years ago, the weight was specified as 12 lbs.
http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc680mjt.htm

This battery is similar if not the same as the Dynabat.

The engine cranks slightly slower than with the stock Motorcraft but it is sufficient. I typically drive the car at least twice a week but if it is going to be on jack stands for a couple weeks, I disconnect the battery.

Thanks for the compliments.

Looking good...have fun cleaning it weekly. I painted all my engine parts (intake, valve covers, timing cover, coolant reservoir, etc etc etc) and it looks good, but its hard to keep perfect and of course when you are showing off whats under the hood you want it to be perfect.

been meaning to paint my valve covers.
I can install lowering springs, i can change steering wheel, I can swap trans and clutch with ease, i can install headers with Kemember removal in less then day, but i don't know how to take Valve cover off...

MyEarsHurt said:
Looking good...have fun cleaning it weekly. I painted all my engine parts (intake, valve covers, timing cover, coolant reservoir, etc etc etc) and it looks good, but its hard to keep perfect and of course when you are showing off whats under the hood you want it to be perfect.

Thanks. Fortunately it is pretty sterile, here in Orange County but the heat extractor hood does aid the air flow and subsequent dust flow through the engine compartment. :eek:

twogts4us said:
What did you pay for that coolant tank?

I believe the radiator tank goes for $225 and comes just as you see, with the exception of the decorative UPR cap cover. They supplied a 16lb. cap from Stant of Prestone.

UPFD’s site is being upgraded at the moment but their address is http://www.upfd.com/. Their telephone number is 714.890.5153 or you can try emailing [email protected]. UPFD is known for their Supra work but the owner has a blown Fox body and loves Mustangs.

exindust said:
What is the big thing on the top of your intake?

:D