Pics of the new ride

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I just picked it up last night! :banana: It's an 06 Mazda3 S sedan, 2.3L 5-speed. It handles and brakes awesome, but it could use a little more power. The little 4-banger does a pretty good job tho, and if I can get 30+ mpg I'll be happy.
100_1337.jpg

100_1339.jpg

100_1340.jpg

100_1342.jpg

100_1343.jpg

100_1344.jpg

100_1345.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice looking car. We've had a few come into the station for oil changes and they rode very nice and the power wasnt bad for what it was. Another customer had a newer accord and it would spin the tires taking off and it was an auto. It had a nice smooth acceleration, but I like the feel of getting thrown back in the seat better :)

It's got enough power for a daily driver, I just meant it needs a little more to be really fun. Keep in mind my other ride has over 500HP, so of course everything else is gonna feel slow. ;) 160HP in a 2700lb car moves pretty good tho, and it should be good for high 15's in the 1/4 if I ever race it.

I just remembered why I use to love backroads before I got my truck! This thing is an absolute blast to drive through the curves! :banana:

As far as mods go, when I get the cash Im gonna add a factory wing, then possibly some rims. In a year or two I'll probably do some performance mods, like CAI and exhaust(no fart cannons). If I keep it long enough to pay it off, Im thinking a small turbo should completely take care of that power problem. :D

yellow1995Cobra said:
Dude stop buying cars!! Get that 418 tuned and to the track!!

But yea its a nice lil car u got there..

Even with the higher payment, I'll still be saving money due to lower insurance and gas costs with this car. I've given up hope of making it to the track this year, but when spring rolls around it's on!! :D

SeventyMach1 said:
Do those have the new Duratec 2.3 (DOHC) that they started putting in Ranger's?

I think so....I found this on Mazda's website, "Type-L3V 2.3L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder with dual balance shafts, 160 @ 6500 rpm, 150 @ 4500 rpm". It also has Variable-Valve Timing(VTEC yo! :D)

DaveB, that's some pretty good power from a 2.3L! That's what I would like to do with mine once I get it paid off(in 6 years! :eek: ).

BrutalStang, Im not sure how much is shared between the 3 and the focus, but I've heard that the focus will be moved over to 3's platform in the next year or two.

Jesse, I've tried to get on the dyno a couple times but it hasn't happened yet. Im hoping to get a free run sometime soon tho. In fact, I'll email my friend right now to see what's up with that!