Piston Assembly

mustbereel said:
SoCal,

Actually, back to the coupe and it's pistons - I have a new problem. On the big end of the rod where the bearings go there is that little recessed notch that matches the bump on the bearing. Or in my case it doesn't. If you look at the rod such that the notch is on the left, the bearing has the bump on the right. The bearing matches the original rod but it will not work with the new rod. Has anyone ever come across this? I called the vendor (TMD in Riverside) but he hasn't returned my call yet.

You have the wrong bearing for the model year of the rod. Either you are trying to put an early bearing on a late model rod or visa versa.

As you noted, the bearings are the same except for the tab. I understand that one of the major bearing manufactures is soon going to eliminate the tab altogether.

• Sponsors (?)

bearings

dennis112 said:
You have the wrong bearing for the model year of the rod. Either you are trying to put an early bearing on a late model rod or visa versa.

As you noted, the bearings are the same except for the tab. I understand that one of the major bearing manufactures is soon going to eliminate the tab altogether.

I was hoping it was just a mismatch that different bearings could solve. I really don't want to disassemble the pistons. Since this was a complete package I'm sure TMD will correct it.