Forced Induction Planning Kenne Bell Install-what Else Will I Need?

Agreed, I'd be disappointed with that myself. When the new motor was completed, I tossed the Blowzilla onto the new combo, unchanged. It made 3psi on the new motor where it was making 9 psi on the OEM shortblock. I ran that way for a while until I could get back to the tuner and get it dialed in with the new motor. On the dyno, after some tuning and pulley changing, I was putting down a little over 400 HP and somewhere around 460 ft lbs with 9-10 lbs of boost. AFR right around 12.1:1 and do not remember the total timing but I do remember having conversation about the EEC/Tune pulling timing on subsequent runs as everything warmed through.

Fast forward to now. Flowzilla inlet and one size larger pulley (I've accumulated several). At WOT on an average day, I see the boost gauge run just over the line @13 psi. No knocking or pinging, 93 Octane pump gas, OEM style ignition system with a boost a spark, and a nice steady AFR in the very low 12s at full tilt.

The damned thing runs like a raped ape.

On hotter/more humid days, I don't see the boost gauge get as high. It does vary. On a 100* day for instance, I'd probably see 10 psi on the gauge.

I've never had the car/engine dynoed without the blower. It's been on it since day one, so I can't say how much of the entire combo is the direct result of motor or boost.

I think if I dug around, I could probably come up with my build sheet somewhere, if you're interested.
Holy crap 12:1 compression on a boosted application your a bomb waiting to happen!!! When i ran the A2A intercooler set up with 9:1 compression and 7 to 8lbs i made 385RWHP and 480ftlbs of torque i went to the track on street tires no traction in 1st and 2nd ran a 12.47 at 110mph not bad with drag radials might have broke into the 11's

• Sponsors (?)

Holy crap 12:1 compression on a boosted application your a bomb waiting to happen!!! When i ran the A2A intercooler set up with 9:1 compression and 7 to 8lbs i made 385RWHP and 480ftlbs of torque i went to the track on street tires no traction in 1st and 2nd ran a 12.47 at 110mph not bad with drag radials might have broke into the 11's

No no no... Not 12:1 compression. 12.1 air fuel ratio.

Sorry for reading that wrong. Your car made good HP for not being intercooled i wasn't that lucky.

Yeah it did... I didn't think that initially though. Initially, I was shocked that barely broke 400 HP! :fuss:

It wasn't until I started hearing feedback from others that it started settling in my mind.

I need to get another dyno and see what I'm at right now. I've not had one since adding the inlet and adding more boost. I also want to replace my 75mm TB with an 80 or larger. Should be good for another lb or so of boost. :shrug: Everything beyond that point is wide open. I'm running the 4 inch N/A Anderson Power Pipe and a 90mm MAF.

Oh.. and it's an FN blast to drive. :D