Planning To Change Power Steering Pump

JordanBernard

Apr 24, 2017
Hello friends,

I have a weeping pump and the line of high pressure at the leaking pump. I am searching for some helpful suggestions on the most optimum way to R and R my pump. It would be really appreciated if you will help you in this.

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Are you looking for HOW to replace the pump or how to actually rebuild the pump yourself?

FWIIW, I have always bought re-man'ed units choosing to leave the details of rebuilding to someone else.

I have had great results finding replacement power steering lines at RockAuto for several different vehicles. They had replacement lines when no one else I could find did (97 Cougar).

Helpful suggestion. Rent the correct pulley remover and installer tools. NEVER hit on the power steering pump shaft with a hammer. Be sure to double check that the tool is correct for the power steering pump. Late model Fords use a metric thread. However many of the Ford tools use an SAE thread. The SAE thread will appear to start but will pull the threads out when the going gets real. Be sure that the tool goes into the threads all the way.

Last edited: