• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Plastic door liner

  • Thread starter Thread starter Prime Lord
  • Start date Start date Feb 19, 2008

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
2,137
199
114
Denver-ish
Feb 19, 2008
#1
  • Feb 19, 2008
  • #1
I'm getting ready to do a full Dynamat install on the doors and of course the idea from Dynamat is to use the plastic liner underneath the door panel for a pattern. Yeah. That'd be nice.

Does anybody even still have these? If so, a picture of one so I can get an idea of where to cut? or wanna sell them? heh.
 

capri debris

Member
May 5, 2007
289
6
18
PA
Feb 19, 2008
#2
  • Feb 19, 2008
  • #2
Make your own pattern with paper... it's not that hard.
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Feb 19, 2008
#3
  • Feb 19, 2008
  • #3
Just cut and trim as you go and place them along the doors inner structure. I lined my entire firewall with that stuff.
 

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
2,137
199
114
Denver-ish
Feb 19, 2008
#4
  • Feb 19, 2008
  • #4
I did the whole floorpan, wheel wells, & roof before I put the interior back in. And its a pain in the butt to get it right. The problem I'm worried about on the doors is that I've got all the wires for the window/lock controls as well as the speednuts for the armrest.
 

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
3,501
28
119
Motor City
Feb 19, 2008
#5
  • Feb 19, 2008
  • #5
You put it on the roof? I was thinking of doing this...but as easy as the roof skin caves in while putting any amount of pressure on it, I didn't want to stick a pound or two of sound deadening material on it.
 

Prime Lord

Crappy Default Title
Founding Member
Sep 19, 2000
2,137
199
114
Denver-ish
Feb 19, 2008
#6
  • Feb 19, 2008
  • #6
Ordinarily, I'd agree with you...but w/ the T-Top frame there's plenty of support. Not to mention an air gap between the T-Top frame and the actual roof skin. So by the time I layed a layer up against the roof skin and then closed up the air gap, its pretty damn solid.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Door glass fastener question
  • limp
  • May 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
307
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 25, 2026
limp
S
01 GT DRIVERS SIDE DOOR LOCK CYLINDER LINKAGE
  • Scwhitten
  • May 13, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
259
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 19, 2026
melo.timo
M
P
Butchering up NICE 79 door panel yeah or neah
  • ponixpress
  • Jan 30, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
664
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 1, 2025
Bullitt347
G
1991 GT 5.0 running hot
  • gvanginkel403
  • Jul 1, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
242
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 2, 2026
General karthief
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
360
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?