Plastic piece inside fender/wheelwell - anyone re-paint theirs? hard to remove?

91LX_5L

Founding Member
May 13, 2002
British Columbia
Anyone know what im talking about?!?! lol

Im talking about the plastic housing/shield thats in your wheel wells. Is it easily removable, paintable?

Mines just kinda fading its more of a grey now then black and it sort of bothers me.

anyone?

• Sponsors (?)

their pretty easy to remove, just jack the front end up a bit to get in there. i also painted the plastic piece that covers the gas tank and it cleans up the back end a lot :nice:

Hose off the crud and douche that mother with Armorall or the like, then wipe it down...It'll look sweet...

when done doing my wheels I use that rag to wipe down the inner...keeps em looking decent...Til you hit the mud....or run over some caulking or chit like that... :bang:

Just get a jack and lift the car on one side and it is all exposed w/o taking off the wheel. Wash them with a good degreaser to get off oversprayed and accumilated tire dressing and dirt.
I touch mine up evry few weeks or so with gloss black $0.99 spray paint from HD. I don't tape off b/c it's a waste of time. Just take your time and aim slowly around the edges and go gung ho on the rest. I use a WD-40 spray nozzle or a carb cleaner one for heavy spray patterns. You can also use the red nozzle from a WD 40 can to edge more accurately if need be. While you're at it do your gas tank cover underneath. Take a pic before and after and awe at the diffrence. It def adds sharpness and exquisite detail to the car when done right. :nice:

I agree on the tank cover...Grease it up..looks way better from behind the car...
Trust me...I'm anal about cleaning my car.... :D Its gets cleaned every day its driven and put away clean...My wife calls it a sickness... :bang:

redone.jpg