Please help 00 gt 4.6 head gasket

Michael00GT

Mar 23, 2019
Georgia
Hello New guy here I need some info on witch head gasket I need to use I have a 00 gt 4.6 Windsor iron block I had it broad.30 over and need to know if I can use the gasket that came with my rebuild kit they look to fit fine any help will be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

As long as the actual ring on the gasket makes full contact with the deck you should be fine. Measure the opening with an inside caliper and then measure the bore with a bore gauge (the type with a dial gauge), I would say about .001" of oversize would be good, if not a little more.

As long as the actual ring on the gasket makes full contact with the deck you should be fine. Measure the opening with an inside caliper and then measure the bore with a bore gauge (the type with a dial gauge), I would say about .001" of oversize would be good, if not a little more.
Ok I was just asking because the guy a AmericanMuscle tells me I have to have head gasket made especially for .30 that has a metal fire ring so I just thought I was ask someone else