Please Help! 2000 Mustang Convertible V6 Theft System Issue, Car Shut off, Now no, Start, Theft Light Flashing quickly!

Apr 13, 2023
I have a 2000 Mustang Convertible V6, with 73k miles, I was driving the car and was coming to a stop sign, all of the sudden the car lost power, lights came on dash and car cut off, when trying to restart the car the turns over and will not start, the theft light flashes very quickly and the odometer has no mileage numbers showing, only dashes where mileage should be, towed the car home, have tried to reset (PATS) Passive Anti Theft System, however car is in the same mode. Tried the other key for the car and still the same thing, I live in a very small town where it is very hard to find anyone with knowledge on this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there a way I can bypass this system totally? Any ideas on what I should check? Anyone ever had this issue and had the car die on them while driving down the road? PLEASE HELP... Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like it may have to go to the dealer. The part that concerns me is that the car cut off while you were driving it. Usually a PATS failure will only prevent the car from starting but won't make a car stall out.

Thanks everyone for all of your advice, I finally found the issue and have resolved all my issues with the car. It turns out it was the CCRM the entire time. Evidently this module just went bad, strange that it went out while going down the road, however once I replaced it everything is back to normal. Thanks again for all the advice!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks everyone for all of your advice, I finally found the issue and have resolved all my issues with the car. It turns out it was the CCRM the entire time. Evidently this module just went bad, strange that it went out while going down the road, however once I replaced it everything is back to normal. Thanks again for all the advice!!
Glad you got it figured out!

When my CCRM went bad, I was idling and warming up the car in the driveway. I put the clutch in, put it into 1st and she died right then and there lol.
Seems like they don’t shiv a git where you are and what you’re doing when they go out lol

Seems like the CCRM is what the ignition module is for the fox bodies. Guess I need to buy one to keep in the spare tire well. My son just had his go bad on a 2003 v6.