PLEASE HELP. CANNOT START CAR AFTER STALL. NEED HELP

1994snake

Apr 13, 2003
PLEASE HELP. CANNOT START CAR AFTER STALL. NEED HELP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was driving home today when my car decided to just die on me in traffic. I got it pulled to the side of the road and will not start. I went all over this thing trying to figure it out. After about an hour of looking and trying to start I notice that the TFI module came unplugged somehow. I am not sure if when the engine shifted or such it pulled on the harness and the plug but at any rate it came unplugged. So thinking at this point I would simply just plug it back in and drive away I find out it will still not start. Does anyone know if on a 94 mustang cobra if there is some sort of fuse or reset method for the ignition with such an event? Seemed cut and dry but will not start.

PLEASE HELP.

• Sponsors (?)

No restart button or procedure.

Do you have spark, fuel pressure and injector pulsing? Generally one or more of the 3 will be missing.

Also check that your MAF didnt come out of the tubing. That happening has caused several stangers' cars to stall and not restart.

Also see if you have codes (the CEL need not be illuminated to have them stored).

Good luck.

I will have to check it out. Just got flat bedded home 5 minutes ago. Car is a turbocharged car with AEM EMS so no MAF has been swapped out for a MAP sensor etc. Thanks Though.

Did the reman'd dizzy have a new PIP? Many of them do not.

Again, a few mins of troubleshooting can expedite the finding of the issue and a solution.

Good luck.

I am not sure as it was new from autozone and was a ford dizzy. Stamped right on it. Not sure if anyparts were new or just cleaned? Never looked took out of box and dropped in.