please help can't get spark to coil!!!

billbraskey

Feb 2, 2006
ok.. so i have not been able to get my car started for a couple months...it is an 85 mustang gt fresh rebuild.. i was in the middle of unwaraping all the wiring and getting ready to hide them all... now no start .. no spark!! replaced dizzy..ignition mudule .. coil.. still nothing!! wen i use a light tester i got power coming out of the harness from the mudule to the dizzy .. in one of the three holes....ok follow? sooo from te harness from the module to the dizzy there are 4 wires.. one goes to nothing.. should it?? "orange" i cant find anyware that it shold go? i don't no what to do!1 its holding my project up bigtime! im stummped i cannot get spark...anyone got a pic of this ...the connection from the module to the dizzy... really stumped here need help! thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

"The orange wire comming from the module should matchup to another orange wire in the connector that goes to the stator in the distributor."
thanks you .. hmmmmthere is an orange wire in the " stator" but there is 4 coming from the module... and 3 from the dizzy?? why is this .. so the orange wire has 2...??

hmm i just tried it .. not sure if there is spark..no one here to check .. but it didnt start.. does the module have to be grounded?? as in bolted down? its not .. just sitting there.. any other ideas?????? thanks for the help so far

I don't think the duraspark module has to be bolted down to run. I think it's grounded via the black wire that comes out of the module to the dist and is grounded inside the dist.

tanks you for the link.. hmm not sure if its helping tho .. it doesn't showeach individual wire .
imjust totally stumped is there anythig im overlooking..??
its not the pickup.. its not the module.. its not the coil.. all brand new..

You should have 2 connectors comming out of the module, 1 with 2 wires (red and white) and 1 with 4 wires (green, orange, black, and purple) On the connector with 2 wires, red = ignition switch "run" position. White = ignition switch "start" position. On the connector with 4 wires, green = coil negative side, orange and purple = stator inside dist, black =ground inside dist. With out being there, it's hard to say what the problem could be. I have seen new parts be bad also. Just take your time and retrace all your steps. It may be something very simple and just overlooked.