Please help darn aeromotive fuel rails

Porkysn95

Mar 2, 2009
hello
i have been looking for a solution on how to fix my problem i bought a whole Areomotive fuel system for my sn95 and i am hitting the distributor with the rails :notnice:
i read how u can notch it to make it fit but i cant find any thing specific

any help would be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Notice where it hits the distributor and take a grinding wheel to it. Go back and see if it still hits. If it does go back to the grinding wheel. Take these steps until it doesn't hit. I just did this and its not that big of a deal at all.

i went through cap on the outside and even took the little lip sticking out on the other part so should i go even further ?
wouldnt there b a good chanche for spark to jump out

You do realize a 302 and a 351 are completely different motors right?

Was kidding...

BTW they're not Completely different. Block is just a lil wider and taller. They are both Windsors. Accessories & heads bolt up. Same distributor Cap & rotor. Same Firing order, Same Cam. Same piston bore Same oil filter....You get the point. The 94/95 mustangs have more annoying differences than any of the 351/ 302's ie. Accessory brackets and intake that they decided to make for only 2 years. I also use 302 Aeromotive Fuel Rails on my 351 based motor :OT:

But i digress. I realize theres alot of guys who have clearance issues....and trimming the rail would prob. be the best bet. I would still love to see a pic. Just incase i come across it on a friends car.

~Chris

i took the fuel rail off today and it doesn't look like there is much that can be grounded off
does anyone have any pics or more specific instructions on how they did it ?
it looks to me if i do much grinding at all ill actually be inside the furl rail in time at all

this is really pissing me off i may have to go and but the 300$ distributor :mad: