Please help...don't know where this plug goes

blk92stangg

Jan 30, 2004
Hawaii
Hi all...I know without pics I might as well be pissing into the wind, but here goes...

In the process of changing out my pedals from AOD to T5, I needed to drop my steering column. In order to get the steering wheel to drop enough, I also disconnected all the plugs from the column. When I finished and plugged all the wires back in, I was left with ONE extra. DOH!! :shrug:

I am not sure if it was ever plugged in, as I don't remember unplugging it. It is a black male end connector. Looking inside it has 2 holes, with red plastic on the inside. The wire seems to hang directly down from above the steering column area, and is sheathed in black heat resistant looking braided material. There is also a clip on the connector that resembles the ones that are used for door panels, although it is a whitish color. I am at my wits end, and have spent the last hour on my back peering under the dash hoping to see where that danged thing is supposed to plug into. At the worse, Im just gonna install the rest of the T5, and see if the car starts, drive around, and hope its not too important.

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not too sure about wiring, but maybe it's the dinger. you know when your door is open with the key in, it goes ding ding ding, and is annoying as hell? Or the 4 way thingy. I think both of those just have something plugged into them and not another end of a wiring harness. Just a guess.