Please help need get car going asap

lx5.0maine

Banned
Nov 18, 2010
I need help with what size belt to use without buying anything, i have a 1993 lx 5.0 , i took off the ac, an also the smog pump, what size belt did you use, an how did u route the belt? picture of belt routing would be grear, ive serched an found 100 post on it but none tell me what im looking for, i have all stock pullies, an wanna know for sure, i tryd 70 1/4 an was way too short, so any help would be great, YES I HAVE SEARCHED THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

• Sponsors (?)

Use some string. Route it around the pulleys and measure the string when you are done. With that said, having removed your AC unit and the PS in its stock location you may render your tensioner pulley useless and may also have clearance issues at the waterpump.

ive seen tons people on here say that they did it WITHOUT buying anything an leaving it in its stock loc. this being said does anyone know the lenght of the belt id need by removing the ac an smog an just running a shorter belt, an yes i did put string around an measeure it but got that lenght an was too small, im getting streesd out my part store is a 45min drive from my house an dnt wanna go 100times thanks for your time, some one must have done this an can help me

i had just the water pump,alt and it was running hot so i had to get a pulley so it would go more around the water pump. mine was a 57.5 belt

IMG_0335.jpg

1spTech_50belts.gif

ive seen tons people on here say that they did it WITHOUT buying anything an leaving it in its stock loc.

Ive never seen a single person sucessfully do it this way and no have issues with belt slipping or the tensioner causing the belt to rub on the water pump pulley.

You need then kit to do it right.

well i got a 93inch belt today an it works perfect, you do not need to buy anything to take ac an smog off from your car, the elminator kit is a rip off, the belt works 100% perfect with no rubbing an no belt slip at all, took her up to 7500rpms with zero slipp, so im not sure why some people say it cant be done, it can be done an i did it an works great, ill try get some pics of it, so i can prove the haters all wrong:)))))))))))))):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::Zip2: